Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roo and WebFlow

Hi everybody,
    I am trying to use a WebFlow inside a Roo project.
    I ran the command
    Code:
    web flow -flowName flow
    and then I wrote the flow
    Code:
    <flow xmlns="http://www.springframework.org/schema/webflow" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
    	xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.springframework.org/schema/webflow http://www.springframework.org/schema/webflow/spring-webflow-2.0.xsd">

<!--
    	<persistence-context />
    	-->

<on-start>
    		<evaluate expression="new org.freepoll.web.flows.questions.create.QuestionFlowManager()" result="flowScope.flowManager" />
    		<evaluate expression="flowManager.buildQuestion()" result="flowScope.question" />
    	</on-start>

<!-- create the question -->
    	<view-state id="create-question" view="create/create-question" model="question">
    		<transition to="create-option" on="createoption"></transition>
    		<transition to="cancelled" on="cancel"></transition>
    		<transition to="confirmed" on="confirm" />
    	</view-state>

<!-- create an option -->
    	<view-state id="create-option" view="create/create-option" model="option">
    		<on-entry>
    			<evaluate expression="flowManager.buildOption(question)" result="viewScope.option" />
    		</on-entry>
    		<transition to="cancelled" on="cancel"></transition>
    		<transition to="create-question" on="optioncancel"></transition>
    		<transition to="create-question" on="optionconfirm">
    			<evaluate expression="question.addOption(option)"></evaluate>
    		</transition>
    		<transition to="confirmed" on="confirm">
    			<evaluate expression="flowManager.addOption(question, option)"></evaluate>
    		</transition>
    	</view-state>

<!-- exit without saving -->
    	<end-state id="cancelled" view="create/cancelled" />

<!-- save, exit and return the id of the newly created question -->
    	<end-state id="confirmed" view="create/confirmed">
    		<on-entry>
    			<evaluate expression="question.persist()"></evaluate>
    		</on-entry>
    	</end-state>
    </flow>
    The problem is that I cannot persist the entity on the end-state. I get an exception.
    Do I have to do something different to save entities from a webflow?

Thanks,
    Stefano

Ok... solved... Stupid me, was a very silly error.
    However I still get an error if I try to turn persistence context on.
    In this case I get the following error:
    Code:
    GRAVE: Servlet.service() for servlet [fpweb] in context with path [/fpweb] threw exception
    java.lang.IllegalStateException: No value for key [org.springframework.orm.jpa.LocalContainerEntityManagerFactoryBean@1e3aaf6] bound to thread [tomcat-http--3]
    	at org.springframework.transaction.support.TransactionSynchronizationManager.unbindResource(TransactionSynchronizationManager.java:208)
    	at org.springframework.orm.jpa.support.OpenEntityManagerInViewFilter.doFilterInternal(OpenEntityManagerInViewFilter.java:119)
    	at org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:76)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
    	at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:311)
    	at org.springframework.security.web.access.intercept.FilterSecurityInterceptor.invoke(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:116)
    	at org.springframework.security.web.access.intercept.FilterSecurityInterceptor.doFilter(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:83)
    	at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:323)
    	at org.springframework.security.web.access.ExceptionTranslationFilter.doFilter(ExceptionTranslationFilter.java:113)
    	at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:323)
    	at org.springframework.security.web.session.SessionManagementFilter.doFilter(SessionManagementFilter.java:101)
    	at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.AnonymousAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(AnonymousAuthenticationFilter.java:113)
    	at org.springframework.security.web.servletapi.SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.java:54)
    	at org.springframework.security.web.savedrequest.RequestCacheAwareFilter.doFilter(RequestCacheAwareFilter.java:45)
    	at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.www.BasicAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(BasicAuthenticationFilter.java:150)
    	at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter.doFilter(AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter.java:182)
    	at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter.doFilter(AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter.java:182)
    	at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.logout.LogoutFilter.doFilter(LogoutFilter.java:105)
    	at org.springframework.security.web.context.SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.java:87)
    	at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:173)
    	at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.invokeDelegate(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:237)
    	at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.doFilter(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:167)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
    	at org.springframework.web.filter.HiddenHttpMethodFilter.doFilterInternal(HiddenHttpMethodFilter.java:77)
    	at org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:76)
    	at org.springframework.web.filter.CharacterEncodingFilter.doFilterInternal(CharacterEncodingFilter.java:88)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:224)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:175)
    	at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:472)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:164)
    	at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:100)
    	at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:929)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118)
    	at com.springsource.insight.collection.tcserver.request.HttpRequestOperationCollectionValve.invoke(HttpRequestOperationCollectionValve.java:84)
    	at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:405)
    	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:279)
    	at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:515)
    	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:300)
    	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
    	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
    Any suggestion?

Thanks,
    Stefano

Comment

up??

thanks,
      Percival

Comment

Can we see your database configuration settings and fragments of code/xml flow language? I only used the JPA feature once when writing a (now blog-based) chapter of Roo in Action, and it worked, but I refactored off of it.

In one app, I chose to hold the bean in the flow scope and then on commit used it to persist to an entity. This was lighter-weight, and I didn't have to carry around a persistence context between hits.

Others may choose to persist and create the object in the beginning of the web flow, store the primary key in the flow scope, and then update it on each transition. This allows for potentially providing flow restart points (a decision point at the top of the web flow based on some retstart point condition) and it allows for people to come back later. It also gets rid of potential state issues when people back up in the history.

Ken

Comment

Working...
        X