Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Upgrade problems from 1.1.5 to 1.2.0 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Upgrade problems from 1.1.5 to 1.2.0

    Hello everybody,

    I have some problems when upgrading my existing web application from 1.1.5 to 1.2.0. It is quite a small application with about 5 entities, their mvc pages and spring security.

    The first step after installing 1.2.0 is that I start roo in the root directory. Roo deletes some aj files with the message "not required for governer [classname]" and updates the roo.version property in my pom.xml.
    After that I copy the complete <properties>, <dependencies>, <pluginRepositories> from the Roo clinic 1.2.0 sample's pom.xml to my pom.xml.

    When I now execute mvnackage all Roo annotations (RooEntity, RooWebScaffold, RooConversionService) cannot be resolved and the build fails. Since these are the only error messages that I receive and the Roo annotation package is included in pom.xml I have no idea, what's wrong.

    Can somebody give me a hint on this?

    Greetings and thanks in advance.

  • #2
    @RooEntity no longer exists in Roo 1.2.0 onward. Roo uses @RooJpaActiveRecord instead.

    Try to import the project in STS (or some other IDE that compiles AspectJ) and find the compilation errors.

    Comment


    • #3
      Hello, as you said there are some annotations which do not exist any more. Therefore I had to correct them manually. It would be very nice to have a built-in upgrade process that whould these things for me automatically.

      Nevertheless, keep up the good work on Spring Roo!

      Comment


      • #4
        Wow, I've just spent hours trying to work out why an older Roo project would not properly compile in a later version of STS. The odd thing is that sometimes it would compile, would deploy cleanly and would run perfectly well, and then after a few minutes of making code changes the 'RooEntity cannot be resolved to a type' error would start showing up, and I assumed this was something to do with my Maven dependencies.

        Glad I found this thread. :-)

        Comment

        Working...
        X