Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade problems from 1.1.5 to 1.2.0

Hello everybody,

I have some problems when upgrading my existing web application from 1.1.5 to 1.2.0. It is quite a small application with about 5 entities, their mvc pages and spring security.

The first step after installing 1.2.0 is that I start roo in the root directory. Roo deletes some aj files with the message "not required for governer [classname]" and updates the roo.version property in my pom.xml.
    After that I copy the complete <properties>, <dependencies>, <pluginRepositories> from the Roo clinic 1.2.0 sample's pom.xml to my pom.xml.

When I now execute mvnackage all Roo annotations (RooEntity, RooWebScaffold, RooConversionService) cannot be resolved and the build fails. Since these are the only error messages that I receive and the Roo annotation package is included in pom.xml I have no idea, what's wrong.

Can somebody give me a hint on this?

Greetings and thanks in advance.

@RooEntity no longer exists in Roo 1.2.0 onward. Roo uses @RooJpaActiveRecord instead.

Try to import the project in STS (or some other IDE that compiles AspectJ) and find the compilation errors.

Comment

Hello, as you said there are some annotations which do not exist any more. Therefore I had to correct them manually. It would be very nice to have a built-in upgrade process that whould these things for me automatically.

Nevertheless, keep up the good work on Spring Roo!

Comment

Wow, I've just spent hours trying to work out why an older Roo project would not properly compile in a later version of STS. The odd thing is that sometimes it would compile, would deploy cleanly and would run perfectly well, and then after a few minutes of making code changes the 'RooEntity cannot be resolved to a type' error would start showing up, and I assumed this was something to do with my Maven dependencies.

Glad I found this thread. :-)

Comment

Working...
        X