Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
multi modules for application layers (e..g. domain, repository, service) Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• multi modules for application layers (e..g. domain, repository, service)

Hi

Is there a way to isolate the domain, repository, service classes each in a separate maven module (with a roo managed multi module)?

dependency/module chain could be something like this:
    service -> repository -> @RooJpaEntity class

I tried to setup this with roo but noticed that the generated integration tests for a @RooJpaEntity class got a back reference to either the repository or the service (autowired). The back reference was noticed in the aspect {Entity}IntegrationTest_Roo_IntegrationTest.aj which was generated in src/test/java of the domain module.

Did I hit a current limitation with this?

Thanks a lot for any advice.

All in the same maven module works like a charm!

p.s. SpringSource rocks! Thanks a lot guys.

I noticed this a few weeks ago and added a comment to ROO-325. Though looking back, maybe I should have filed a separate ticket since this type of setup is directly described in section 10.1 of the manual

Comment

I just came back to this again, and tried a few things. Unfortunately, still the cycling dependency is there when having the service, repository, and entity layer in a separated module.

I tried to setup the test within the service layer module. Roo does not allow that - the "test" command is not available in the service module. I guess this is what would be required. Being able to setup the tests in the service modules is exactly what I require.

Do you think this can be fixed?

Comment

hi there,

I've got same requirements as Rolf. Any news on that?

Comment

Working...
        X