Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perform tests: BUILD FAILURE, error with the POM.

Hi, i'm new in the community and i'm starting in Spring Roo.

I'm trying to make a example of an inventary, and when I get to the part where I run "perform tests" and "perform package", the roo shell answer me this:

Building Inventario 0.1.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT

[WARNING] The POM for org.springframework.roo:org.springframework.roo.an notations:jar:3.0.5.RELEASE is missing, no dependency information available
    BUILD FAILURE

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project Inventario: Could not resolver dependencies for project com.inventario:Inventario:war:0.1.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT Failure to find org.springframework.roo:org.springframework.roo.an notations:jar:3.0.5.REALEASE in http://repo.intranet.company:port/ne.../groups/public was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of nexus has elapsed or update are forced --> [Help 1]

The command 'mvn.bat test' did not complete successfully

I appreciate any help i can give me.

Greetings.

Maybe you need to have a look to your repository or even the maven settings.xml (in HOME/.m2/)

But it could be easier: org.springframework.roo:org.springframework.roo.annotations:jar:3.0.5.REALEASE, I presume you have an error in you pom, because the dependency is defined with this value:

Code:
            <dependency>
                <groupId>org.springframework.roo</groupId>
                <artifactId>org.springframework.roo.annotations</artifactId>
                <version>${roo.version}</version>
                <scope>provided</scope>
            </dependency>
    Being:

Code:
    <roo.version>1.2.0.RELEASE</roo.version>
    So the actual version of roo annotations is 1.2.0 (or 1.1.5 if you're using the previous version)

Comment

Thanks for the reply, i think the problem is in the maven settings.xml, since the company i work for uses a special repository. This is my settings.xml:

<settings xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0"
      xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
      xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0
      http://maven.apache.org/xsd/settings-1.0.0.xsd">
      <mirrors>
      <mirror>
      <id>nexus</id>
      <mirrorOf>*</mirrorOf>
      <url>http://repo.intranet.companyort/nexus/content/groups/public</url>
      </mirror>
      </mirrors>
      </settings>

But no where is the error, or i needs to add.

With respect to POM.xml, i change the <version>${spring.version}</version> for <version>${roo.version}</version>:

<!-- ROO dependencies -->
      <dependency>
      <groupId>org.springframework.roo</groupId>
      <artifactId>org.springframework.roo.annotations</artifactId>
      <version>${roo.version}</version>
      <scope>provided</scope>
      </dependency>
      <!-- Spring dependencies -->

And i got a similar error:

roo>
      perform tests
      [INFO] Scanning for projects...
      [INFO]
      [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
      [INFO] Building Inventario 0.1.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT

[WARNING] The POM for org.springframework.roo:org.springframework.roo.an notations:jar:1.1.5.RELEASE is missing, no dependency information available
      [INFO] BUILD FAILURE
      [INFO] Total time: 1.063s
      [INFO] Finished at: Tue Feb 07 09:36:39 CLST 2012
      [INFO] Final Memory: 3M/6M

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project Inventario: Could not resolve dependencies for project com.inventario:Inventario:war:0.1.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT: Failure to find org.springframework.roo:org.springframework.roo.an notations:jar:1.1.5.RELEASE in http://repo.intranet.company:port/ne.../groups/public was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of nexus has elapsed or updates are forced -> [Help 1]
      [ERROR]
      [ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
      [ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
      [ERROR]
      [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
      [ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/d...utionException

More details for my environment:

• Spring Roo 1.1.5.
      • Eclipse Indigo.
      • Springsource Tool Suite 2.8.1.
      • Apache Maven 3.0.3.

Greetings.

Comment

Any idea?

Greetings.

Comment

Hi,

I think you have more of a nexus/maven issue than roo.

So. From the settings you posted it looks like all your requests for jars via maven are being sent to your company nexus box, which is fine (we have it set up the same here).

However the roo jars are not in maven central. So you'll need to get the spring-roo-repository added to your nexus server (you should be able to set up a mirror, and then add it to the public group). The details of URLs etc can be found in the POM created by Roo.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Matt

Comment

Alternatively, you can download the JAR and install it in your local repository with maven:

Guide to installing 3rd party JARs

Comment

Thanks guys for suggestions, worked!

The steps followed were:
              1. I downloaded "org.springframework.roo.annotations-1.1.5.RELEASE.jar" from http://s3browse.springsource.com/bro...1.1.5.RELEASE/
              2. Copy the previous file into ".m2\repository\org\springframework\roo\org.spring framework.roo.annotation\1.1.5.RELEASE"
              3. I'm ready to Roo .

Thanks again.

Greetings.

Comment

Spring Roo sample error

Hi,
                I am new to Spring Roo and whilst I was trying to execute the first application (hello application),
                mkdir hello
                cd hello
                roo

roo> web gwt setup
                roo> perform tests
                roo> quit

I got the following error and I have setup Maven through my Path and Classpath settings in my system enviroment.

I am not sure, what am I missing? Pls suggest.

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
                [INFO]
                warning: Supported source version 'RELEASE_6' from annotation processor 'com.goo
                gle.web.bindery.requestfactory.apt.RfValidator' less than -source '1.7'
                ~.web roo> ~.web roo> [INFO] Building foo 0.1.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT
                ~.web roo> error: Could not find root type com.foo.client.managed.request.Applic
                ationRequestFactory
                1 erroroo>
                [INFO]
                [INFO] --- aspectj-maven-plugin:1.2:compile (default) @ foo ---
                [WARNING] advice defined in org.springframework.scheduling.aspectj.AbstractAsy nc
                ExecutionAspect has not been applied [Xlint:adviceDidNotMatch]
                1 warning>
                [WARNING] advice defined in org.springframework.mock.staticmock.AnnotationDriv en
                StaticEntityMockingControl has not been applied [Xlint:adviceDidNotMatch]
                [WARNING] advice defined in org.springframework.mock.staticmock.AbstractMethod Mo
                ckingControl has not been applied [Xlint:adviceDidNotMatch]
                [INFO] oo>
                [INFO] --- maven-resources-plugin:2.5:resources (default-resources) @ foo ---
                [debug] execute contextualize
                [INFO] Using 'UTF-8' encoding to copy filtered resources.
                [INFO] Copying 4 resources
                [INFO] oo>
                [INFO] --- maven-compiler-plugin:2.4:compile (default-compile) @ foo ---
                [INFO] Nothing to compile - all classes are up to date
                [INFO] oo>
                [INFO] --- exec-maven-plugin:1.2:exec (default) @ foo ---
                [INFO] BUILD FAILURE
                [INFO] Total time: 10.677s
                [INFO] Finished at: Tue Sep 18 15:51:20 IST 2012
                [INFO] Final Memory: 8M/21M
                [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.codehaus.mojo:exec-maven-plugin:1.2:exec (def
                ault) on project foo: Command execution failed. Process exited with an error: -1
                (Exit value: -1) -> [Help 1]
                [ERROR] o>
                [ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e swit
                ch.
                [ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
                [ERROR] o>
                [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please rea
                d the following articles:
                [ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/d...MojoExecutionE
                xception

Regards
                Bala S

Comment

Working...
                X