Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
controller with createFromJson accepts Content-Type: anything and fails Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• controller with createFromJson accepts Content-Type: anything and fails

Hi all,

I am playing with "json add" to my entity managing controllers (roo 1.1.5, hibernate 3.6.4, spring 3.0.5, sts 2.8.1) . The *_ROO_Controller_Json ITD contains a method createFromJson:

Code:
    @RequestMapping(method = RequestMethod.POST, headers = "Accept=application/json")
        public ResponseEntity<String> DataController.createFromJson(@RequestBody String json) { ...
    when doing a
    Code:
     > curl -i -X POST -H 'Accept: application/json' -d @document.json http://localhost:8080/application/datas
    the json string will be empty because the Content-Type of the request is application/x-www-form-urlencoded. It is not picked up by the @RequestBody. You will see a FlexJson error: "Stepping back two steps is not supported" accompanied by a nice stack trace.

The request with the Content-Type:
    Code:
     > curl -i -X POST -H 'Accept: application/json' -H 'Content-Type: application/json' -d @document.json http://localhost:8080/application/datas
    works fine.

Should the @RequestMapping of the Controller ITD refuse Content-Types which are not application/json with a nice 404 or similar?

I have tried this
    Code:
        @RequestMapping(method = RequestMethod.POST, headers = {"accept=application/json","content-type=application/json"})
    but it did not work. Are multiple headers allowed?

Or should the ITD template check if the json string is empty or null before calling the fromJsonToData method on the corresponding entity?

Cheers
    Carsten
    Last edited by carsten.steckel; Feb 1st, 2012, 04:05 PM. Reason: updated the used tools and versions

I have successfully upgraded to roo 1.2. Now it works as expected.

Comment

Working...
    X