Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
How to make DBRE create objects wit @RooJpaEntity in lieu of @RooJpaActiveRecord ? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make DBRE create objects wit @RooJpaEntity in lieu of @RooJpaActiveRecord ?

Kudos to Alan and team for all the new wonderful goodies(layering and jsf)

Burning question: Is it possible to make the DBRE addon create domain objects with @RooJpaEntity in lieu of @RooJpaActiveRecord
    I want to use layering and hence the qn.

Regards
    Neal

yes use the
    --activeRecord false
    option on
    database reverse engineer

Comment

I did ...but it still made the crud methods within the domain objects
      I used services and repository commands this time around.
      Did see the services use the XXXXJpaRepository within, but saw them delegated to methods in CrudRepository
      I thought the finder methods would be moved to the XXXXJpaRepository classes.
      (did a push-in to see all the code..but didnt see anything with the XXXXJpaRepository)
      Anyhow I have a working crud web app...but have to debug to understand how save, delete etc are invoked from services.

Comment

Finders are only available on active record entities at present.

Comment

Alan, is there a jira to add finders to Spring Data repositories?

Comment

We were certainly well aware of this limitation and I thought we had created an improvement request for this but a quick search doesn't show anything. Please create one and if I find an older one I will mark it as a duplicate. Along the lines of "Add dynamic finder support for services and repositories"

Comment

FYI - dynamic finder support for repositories will be in 1.3. Future Roo releases will adhere to the major.minor.patch convention and 1.2.1 will just have (mostly) critical bug fixes for 1.2.0. Thus 1.3 and 1.4 etc will follow a lot more quickly than 1.2 did from 1.1, but with smaller feature sets. Stability in releases is crucial going forward
              Alan

Comment

Kudos to Alan and team for all the new wonderful goodies(layering and jsf)
                Thanks for this nice feedback.

On JSF, I will be enhancing the add-on to give more flexibility, namely round tripping xhtml files so that your UIs are mainly xhtml driven and much less dependent on using the JSF / Primefaces Java APIs. Our experience in the lack of performance with the MVC add-ons was one of my decisions not to parse xml for JSF. But I am confident now I can improve this.
                Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Stewart View Post

On JSF, I will be enhancing the add-on to give more flexibility, namely round tripping xhtml files so that your UIs are mainly xhtml driven and much less dependent on using the JSF / Primefaces Java APIs. Our experience in the lack of performance with the MVC add-ons was one of my decisions not to parse xml for JSF. But I am confident now I can improve this.
                  Alan
                  That's super good news because tbh, you can't do much w/ the JSF support the way it is now.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Stewart View Post
                    We were certainly well aware of this limitation and I thought we had created an improvement request for this but a quick search doesn't show anything. Please create one and if I find an older one I will mark it as a duplicate. Along the lines of "Add dynamic finder support for services and repositories"
                    https://jira.springsource.org/browse/ROO-3029

Comment

I obviously didn't look hard enough ! It was already requested in https://jira.springsource.org/browse/ROO-2694.

Comment

Working...
                      X