Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Roo 1.2 Integration tests for Service overwrite the ones for the Entities Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roo 1.2 Integration tests for Service overwrite the ones for the Entities

Hello,

Roo 1.2 Integration tests for Service overwrite the ones for the Entities instead of creating new ones.

I'm sure there is a good reason for doing so, and it's well documented, but it comes with two problems for me:

- Maybe I'm thinking in terms of Unit tests instead of Integration tests, but I'd rather to have both JUnits in order to prove the individual artifacts separately.

- If you have some method "pushed in" from the aspect to the class, Roo ignores this fact and creates the method again in the aspect.

Example: if you have a test that fails, the best option is to "push in..." this method in the integration class. For instance, the "persist" method fails because the MAX value to the new transient entity is too big for the actual column in the database.

But when you create a Service layer, although the former "testPersist" no longer exists in the integration test aspect, a new "testSaveEntity" is created. It will fail for the same reason that the previous "testPersist".

Actually I'm not requesting anything, but maybe it would be a good idea to reconsider this approach (or I can open a JIRA ticket requesting that Roo doesn't create integration methods for the Service layer in the aspect if there is no analogous method for the Entity in this very aspect)

Thank you very much.
Working...
X