Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Parent metadata behavior in EntityMetadataProvider / JpaActiveRecordMetadataProvider Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parent metadata behavior in EntityMetadataProvider / JpaActiveRecordMetadataProvider

Hello,

First, I apologize if this is the incorrect place for this question. Please direct me elsewhere if necessary.

Second, I'm currently developing an addon using 1.2.0.M1, not 1.2.0.RELEASE. The code in question doesn't seem to have changed any, so I don't think that's important.

My @RooEntity annotated entities extend a base class that isn't annotated with @RooEntity. According to the comments in what is now JpaActiveRecordMetadataProviderImpl (~ line 159), this shouldn't be a problem.

According to the code, though, it looks like my entity's annotations are getting checked, not the superclass's, i.e., the superclass isn't actually getting checked for a @RooEntity annotation before returning null.

So when I try to do anything with this class that needs entity metadata, (listing a finder using the finder addon, for example) the Roo shell complains that my class isn't an entity because my superclass isn't an entity.

This seems incorrect to me. If it isn't, can you please advise what I should do to get my entities recognized again?

Thanks,
    Derek
Working...
X