Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Understanding Roo's OSGi process & Issues with custom built Roo Cli Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Understanding Roo's OSGi process & Issues with custom built Roo Cli

Hi

I've been toying around over the holidays trying to make a roo inspired custom Cli project, and having some troubles.

Looking through the project, I'm trying to get a better understanding of how Roo internally manages it's OSGi components.

Specifically - when I download and launch Roo - how does it know that the components in /bundle are safe to run? Are there specific PGP keys that roo trusts out-of-the box, with which these bundles are signed? (If so, where is this specified?)

I notice that if I just create my own .jar (signed or unsigned) and drop it into /bundle that it's not picked up, without me having to explicitly install it.

What makes the roo jars "special", in that they don't need installing out-of-the-box?

On a probably-related-topic, if I just checkout roo from github, build and run roo-dev, I notice two things:
    • pressing tab only lists the commands specified in AbstractShell
    • trying to execute any commands at all (including /*) shows a "Please wait -- still loading" message, which never completes

What is the cause of this?
    I've tried debugging it through, and see that the startLevel is never set > 99. Specifically, I see that this test:
    Code:
    if (requiredImplementations.keySet().equals(runningImplementations))
    in org.springframework.roo.startlevel.Activator never passes, but I'm stumped as to where to start looking for the cause as to why.

Any assistance you could provide (either specifics, or general "start looking here") tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Marty

PS: Congrats -- really enjoying working with Roo.
Working...
X