Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GWT example broken when using GAE

Hi,

I've been trying to conjure a ROO script that will provide a GWT/GAE example. Based on the expenses sample, I have the following script.

Code:
    project --topLevelPackage org.springsource.roo.extrack

jpa setup --provider DATANUCLEUS --database GOOGLE_APP_ENGINE

entity jpa --class ~.server.domain.Employee --testAutomatically
    field string --fieldName displayName --notNull

web gwt setup
    web gwt all --proxyPackage ~.client.proxy --requestPackage ~.client.request

logging setup --level INFO
    (The only differences between this and the expenses example is the dataneucleus jpa setup and the much simpler domain model)

The problem is that when I do "mvn clean gwt:run" I get the following error...

Code:
    [ERROR] java.lang.ClassCastException: com.google.appengine.tools.development.ApiProxyLocalImpl cannot be cast to com.google.appengine.tools.development.ApiProxyLocal
    [ERROR]         at com.google.appengine.api.blobstore.dev.ServeBlobFilter.init(ServeBlobFilter.java:53)
    [ERROR]         at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.FilterHolder.doStart(FilterHolder.java:97)
    [ERROR]         at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:50)
    [ERROR]         at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.initialize(ServletHandler.java:662)
    [ERROR]         at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Context.startContext(Context.java:140)
    [ERROR]         at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.startContext(WebAppContext.java:1250)
    [ERROR]         at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.doStart(ContextHandler.java:517)
    [ERROR]         at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.doStart(WebAppContext.java:467)
    [ERROR]         at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:50)
    [ERROR]         at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.doStart(HandlerWrapper.java:130)
    [ERROR]         at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.doStart(HandlerWrapper.java:130)
    [ERROR]         at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.doStart(Server.java:224)
    [ERROR]         at com.google.appengine.tools.development.JettyContainerService.startContainer(JettyContainerService.java:191)
    [ERROR]         at com.google.appengine.tools.development.AbstractContainerService.startup(AbstractContainerService.java:239)
    [ERROR]         at com.google.appengine.tools.development.DevAppServerImpl.start(DevAppServerImpl.java:146)
    [ERROR]         at com.google.appengine.tools.development.gwt.AppEngineLauncher.start(AppEngineLauncher.java:97)
    [ERROR]         at com.google.gwt.dev.DevMode.doStartUpServer(DevMode.java:509)
    [ERROR]         at com.google.gwt.dev.DevModeBase.startUp(DevModeBase.java:1068)
    [ERROR]         at com.google.gwt.dev.DevModeBase.run(DevModeBase.java:811)
    [ERROR]         at com.google.gwt.dev.DevMode.main(DevMode.java:311)
    Does anyone have a script that can produce a working example of GWT + GAE with Roo?

I'm running the latest git revision 99550cf42e22c53012fa8d1867989c12534c9577 of Roo (clone taken on Dec 29/2011) which I've built from source.

Thanks,

--D

I encountered the same problem here. Anyone got it work?

Comment

I get it work by removing three jars file from the target folder:
      appengine-api-labs
      appengine-api-stubs
      appengine-testing

According to this link:
      http://www.mail-archive.com/google-a.../msg18983.html

Comment

Working...
      X