Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues with GWT in Roo

Roo Version : 1.2.0.RELEASE [rev 39eb957]
    STS Version : 2.8.1.RELEASE (build id 201111221000)
    Google Plugin for Eclipse version : 2.5.0.v201112160
    GWT: 2.4.0 (installed via STS dash board)

Steps Followed.

1. Created Roo project from STS
    2. Setup the JPA based persistance
    3. Created Entities
    4. Created the services for the entities
    5. Web gwt setup
    6. Update the Google Tool Kit in Properties to default SDK.
    After this I find one maven error.

Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration: org.codehaus.mojo:exec-maven-plugin:1.2:exec (execution: default, phase: process-classes) pom.xml /CC-Server line 514 Maven Project Build Lifecycle Mapping Problem

When I tried to run the application as GWT application it failed.

javax.servlet.UnavailableException: in.vesar.cc.gwapp.server.CustomRequestFactoryServl et

When I examined i found that the GWT setup is not as expected.

Few of my observations are:
    1. No Startup HTML Page.(So I Create one)
    2. The run target in Pom.xml(maven) file for GWT plugin is referring ApplicationScaffold.html.I feel this should be index.(So I changed this to the file I created)
    3. The module specified in Pom.xml(maven) file for GWT plugin is ${project.groupId}.ApplicationScaffold but point the default module created by roo(i.e roo in App.gwt.xml)
    4. The configuration with id VerifyRequestFactoryInterfaces is refeing to a class ${project.groupId}.client.managed.request.Applicat ionRequestFactory which is not yet created.

I think what you expected is what is created by the command:

Code:
    web gwt all
    in my case, I used the following more specific command to have the proxy and request classes in specific packages/dirs (don't remember what's the default) :

Code:
    web gwt all --proxyPackage ~.client.proxy --requestPackage ~.client.request
    as for the host html page, it will create an ApplicationScaffold.html file, but you can simply copy or rename it to index.html (as you and I did).

Comment

Can we create Bug for this?

Comment

If you're talking about the ApplicationScaffold.html file, I would not call it a bug, and some would argue that it should NOT be called index.html because they might want to have a custom index.html file that does other things or even have a JSP file of their own instead (or some other type of server-side file), plus the workaround is trivial. But sure, you could submit a request for this.

Comment

This is a bug.

Each execution of a roo command should leave the application in a consistent state for which it can be built on the maven command line without error. This is clearly not the case for:

roo> web gwt setup

roo> web gwt proxy request all --proxyPackage ~.client.proxy --requestPackage ~.client.request

Both the .gwt.xml module and the bootstrap .html should be generated and match its references in the .pom.

This should be an easy enough fix for the roo team to do.
          Last edited by wil.pannell; Jan 7th, 2012, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X