Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by delgad9 View Post
    @Alan,

Thank you for the update... I might try it again when available.

I truly believe that the in-house Roo WEB MVC together with j(Query+son) would render faster and has much-much better cost-benefit figure-of-merit development life cycle than the up coming version.

B. Roogards
    jD

Checked your work at http://pragmatikroo.blogspot.in/2012...y-won-how.html
    We are using Roo for our internal applications. The current UI which ROO provides out of the box does not look happening. We are evaluating Jquery. Would really like to give a shot at your add on - SYNERGY.

Comment

Originally posted by Endee777 View Post
      Checked your work at http://pragmatikroo.blogspot.in/2012...y-won-how.html
      We are using Roo for our internal applications. The current UI which ROO provides out of the box does not look happening. We are evaluating Jquery. Would really like to give a shot at your add on - SYNERGY.
      Thank you very much for your interest in SYNERGY...

I really would like to release it... however without the support of sponsor(s) that allows to release it in a sustainable way. I don't think so. We don't need another add-on that works on the current version and won't work on the next one.

Plus I got more than 10K hits on my development site when SYNERGY was announced. Who and how I am going to take care of the change requests, issues, etc. from releasing it.

In fact my article that you are referring its my last try for getting the attention from anyone out there for helping on my cause. Which is totally a Spring(Framework + Roo) cause.

I don't want to sound melancholic. This is business and probably what happened is that I didn't make the case for SYNERGY the right way. But I have tons of other ideas/projects to try. Have you seen my stuff on MongoDB? Hopefully this time I get it right...

I truly believe Spring stuff is very-very-very cool!.

Thank you for understanding
      jD @ http://pragmatikroo.blogspot.com
      Last edited by delgad9; Jul 19th, 2012, 08:09 AM. Reason: I add another "very"

Comment

Originally posted by delgad9 View Post
        Thank you very much for your interest in SYNERGY...

I really would like to release it... however without the support of sponsor(s) that allows to release it in a sustainable way. I don't think so. We don't need another add-on that works on the current version and won't work on the next one.

Plus I got more than 10K hits on my development site when SYNERGY was announced. Who and how I am going to take care of the change requests, issues, etc. from releasing it.

In fact my article that you are referring its my last try for getting the attention from anyone out there for helping on my cause. Which is totally a Spring(Framework + Roo) cause.

I don't want to sound melancholic. This is business and probably what happened is that I didn't make the case for SYNERGY the right way. But I have tons of other ideas/projects to try. Have you seen my stuff on MongoDB? Hopefully this time I get it right...

I truly believe Spring stuff is very-very-very cool!.

Thank you for understanding

Thanks for the prompt reply. I even checked your MHRD app, and we are into something similar.
        Your work is extensive and it can benefit innumerable developers.

I know it's business, and i can see that you are trying to grab attention since more than an year now.
        Seems the response on business side, is almost none, apart from the publisher for your book.
        BUT the 'interest' in the developer community is MAXIMUM.

So you won't publish anything if no one sponsors you?

Comment

Thanks for the prompt reply. I even checked your MHRD app, and we are into something similar.
          Your work is extensive and it can benefit innumerable developers.

I know it's business, and i can see that you are trying to grab attention since more than an year now.
          Seems the response on business side, is almost none, apart from the publisher for your book.
          BUT the 'interest' in the developer community is MAXIMUM.

So you won't publish anything if no one sponsors you?
          You can hire me for your project too... Nothing is quicker than that.

Just let's say hypothetically that you would had hired me for MHRD A YEAR AGO... Right now your company would be very well positioned in market for it. Probably would had been the first one... advantage to bad to have in this very competitive IT market.

The benefits would had bigger and long term that any consultancy cost required. Right?

Longer answer below in case you have time...
          Yeah... I truly believe is ethically correct, professionally correct, politically correct might be others corrects.

This is the point: If you solve (the) problem(s) to someone... Won't you expect something in exchange?

I assume you work for a IT shop that provide services and/or sales products to customers. Is not your company getting paid for such them. That way you get paid and can continue happily providing your services "in a sustainable way".

Well in open source entities are not paid... they are sponsored.

This is MY PROBLEM... I really like what I am doing. Just need to find they way on making it financially sustainable.

I am positive that if keep adding value -keeping my fingers crossed on it- to my stuff eventually I will make it.

On the other hand your statement: "Your work is extensive and it can benefit innumerable developers." is really-really-really super. Thank you so much. I am going to tweet it to friends and family for sure.

Yours
          Last edited by delgad9; Jul 19th, 2012, 02:24 PM. Reason: Add additonal point

Comment

Working...
          X