X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Roo 1.2.0.RELEASE available now

We are very happy to announce the availability of Spring Roo 1.2.0.RELEASE (download here). Spring Roo is a rapid application development tool for Java, allowing you to create full enterprise applications in just minutes.

I will be writing a blog post soon for this major release, so please watch out for this.

Spring Roo has a very active community and responsive development team, so if you have any questions on this new release, please feel free to ask the Spring Roo engineering team on the Community Forum. You'll also find us on Twitter - either follow @SpringRoo or just include #SpringRoo in your tweets.

We hope you enjoy this new release.

Congraduration.

Comment

Wahoo! Downloading now.

Comment

OK that was a premature wahoo. Looks like you shipped the 1.1 doc w/ Roo 1.2. New features aren't very useful if we don't know what they are.

Comment

The PDF and html docs inside the zip are for 1.2, however we are still writing docs for a lot of the new features and will post them on the Roo home page soon. We wanted to get the release out before the end of the year and finishing the docs would have caused a slippage.

I'll be detailing some new commands for Multi-module Maven, repositories/services and JSF in a blog very soon.

Comment

Blog posts are OK but releasing this without proper reference documentation that covers the release is inexcusable. And it's rather shocking to use "slippage" as rationale for shipping w/o doc, especially for an opensource project! This is very disappointing for Spring.
            Last edited by fashoom; Dec 16th, 2011, 10:20 PM.

Comment

GWT, Spring ROO & Mongo DB - integration issue

Hi,
              I am working on a project using Spring ROO 1.2.0.GA release, mongodb 2.0.1 and gwt2.4.0.
              I'm able to integrate Spring ROO and GWT, but when I try to connect to Mongo db, I get the following errors:

Error:

[ERROR] SEVERE: Could not find the locator type specified in the @com.google.web
              .bindery.requestfactory.shared.ProxyForName annotation com.gwtmongo.Person
              [ERROR] java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.gwtmongo.server.locator.PersonLoca
              tor

[ERROR] SEVERE: Unexpected error
              [ERROR] com.google.web.bindery.requestfactory.server.Unexp ectedException: Could
              not find the locator type specified in the @com.google.web.bindery.requestfactor
              y.shared.ProxyForName annotation com.gwtmongo.Person
              [ERROR] at com.google.web.bindery.requestfactory.server.Servi ceLayerDeco
              rator.die(ServiceLayerDecorator.java:216)
              [ERROR] at com.google.web.bindery.requestfactory.server.Locat orServiceLa
              yer.resolveLocator(LocatorServiceLayer.java:127)
              [ERROR] at com.google.web.bindery.requestfactory.server.Servi ceLayerDeco
              rator.resolveLocator(ServiceLayerDecorator.java:15 7)

I think it is missing the PersonLocator class, but I'm not sure how to generate it. If someone can help me on this, that would be great. I appreciate it.

I am following these steps

1) project --topLevelPackage com.gwtmongo
              2) mongo setup
              3) entity mongo --class ~.Person --testAutomatically
              4) field string --fieldName firstName --notNull
              5)web mvc setup
              6) web mvc all --package ~.web
              7)repository mongo --interface ~.repository.PersonRepository --entity ~.Person
              8)service --interface ~.service.PersonService --entity ~.Person
              9)web gwt setup
              10) web gwt request all --package ~.client.request
              11) web gwt proxy all --package ~.client.proxy
              12)web gwt scaffold --proxyPackage ~.client.proxy --requestPackage ~.client.request --type ~.Person
              13)perform package
              14) mvn gwt:run

Thanks

Ramesh

Comment

I had a similar problem scaffolding a gwt app. The locator classes weren't being generated.

What I discovered after much wasted trial-and-error was that the entities for which gwt generates locators require numeric version columns.

I would look up the docs and see about that first.

Comment

You can't use repositories yet with the Gwt add-on. See https://jira.springsource.org/browse/ROO-2903

Comment

Does this support multi-module roo projects?
                    IOW can one use roo scaffolded entities from proj A and others from a proj B together in a proj C?

Comment

I have upgrade my project from

1.2.0.M1 [rev 1fa252f] --> 1.2.0.RELEASE [rev 39eb957]

it's remove all --> _Roo_Jpa_Repository.aj

I used -> STS.

Placidus.

Comment

Roo 1.2.0 support for java 7?

roo 1.2.0 can run in java 7 but with the following error:

InvocationTargetException at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInsta n
                        ce0(Native Method)

every time you type hint... the folloing error will appear:

InvocationTargetException at sun.reflect.GeneratedConstructorAccessor11.newInst a
                        nce(Unknown Source)

Comment

Works OK for me.
                          Code:
                          C:\Users\stewarta>java -version
                          java version "1.7.0"
                          Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0-b147)
                          Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 21.0-b17, mixed mode)

C:\Users\stewarta>cd \projects\roo-test\petclinic

C:\projects\roo-test\petclinic>
                          C:\projects\roo-test\petclinic>\Java\spring-roo-1.2.0.RELEASE\bin\roo.bat
                              ____  ____  ____
                             / __ \/ __ \/ __ \
                            / /_/ / / / / / / /
                           / _, _/ /_/ / /_/ /
                          /_/ |_|\____/\____/    1.2.0.RELEASE [rev 39eb957]

Welcome to Spring Roo. For assistance press TAB or type "hint" then hit ENTER.
                          @jbbarquero: Good job @gdickens @RooInAction MEAP is complete! Great job @KRrimple, Srini Penchikala. Learn @SpringRoo @ManningBooks http://t.co/8eVsz
                          ZSr
                          roo> hint
                          At this stage of the project, you have a few options:

* List all hint topics via 'hint topics'
                            * Create more fields with 'hint fields'
                            * Create more entities with 'hint entities'
                            * Create a web controller with 'hint web mvc'
                            * Create dynamic finders with 'hint finders'
                            * Setup your logging levels via 'hint logging'
                            * Run tests via Maven (type 'perform tests')
                            * Build a deployment artifact (type 'perform package')
                            * Learn about Eclipse integration by typing 'hint eclipse'
                            * Add support for Google Web Toolkit via 'hint gwt'
                            * Discover all Roo commands by typing 'help'
                          roo>

Comment

Alan, I'm trying to build Spring Roo 1.2.0.Release from source under openjdk7, and "install" works fine and I can run the roo-dev command, but I'm getting stuck at "clean site-install" in deployment-support with NullPointerExceptions and multiple of "Line 1 of a paragraph overflows the available area" errors. Error stack at link above.

Is there a more simple yet effective assembly command?

Comment

Without running mvn site first, assembly is not possible without changing our deploy script. I get the same NPE using openjdk 7 and the error displayed is in the same FOP code as reported in this old bug - https://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/s...g.cgi?id=44965.

Comment

Working...
                              X