• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GWT and i18n

Roo 1.2.0.M1
    Spring 3.0.6.RELEASE
    GWT 2.4.0

I was writing a long message about why i18n is missing with GWT scaffold, until I saw this:

https://jira.springsource.org/browse/ROO-893

I left a message there explaining how easy it would be to add support for this and how the GWT issue referred there is no longer an issue, but in case issue 893 has been added and I'm missing something, I'm starting this thread (it's marked as Closed and Deferred, so I'm not sure what that means exactly). Please let me know if this has been added and I missed it in the docs. I searched docs and also this forum for more info but didn't find an answer.

Thanks.

Hi,

After several searches seems like i18n is still a big gap with Roo support for GWT, has there been any update or patch released for it?

Thanks
    RK

Comment

No updates that I can see on issue 893. The method I describe there is easy to implement by hand. It can only get tedious if you have a big domain (many Entities) as you have to manually change the strings for all their properties and do it twice for mobile if you want it in addition to desktop views.

I mentioned that it would be easy to implement inside the Roo GWT add-on, but I guess I don't know at this point, not having looked at the add-on source code. One thing comes to mind; that the method I described doesn't take into account uniqueness of the keys used to get the i18n string from the properties file, so maybe a different approach should be taken. GWT has a way of letting UiBinder files generate unique strings for these authentication keys.

Forgot to mentioned that 1.2.1 still has no gwt i18n support.

Comment

Working...
      X