X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roo Shell within STS slow/hangs

We have been noticing some performance issues when running the Roo shell within STS (1.2.0.M1 & 1.2.0.RC1). When we start it up, it always updates our Roo services (everytime for some reason) and then just hangs. Sometime after 5-10 minutes it becomes responsive, but more often than not I have to reboot STS.

When I run from the command line everything is fine. We have approx. 50-60 domains along with a handful of services that roo is managing.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Kevin

I'm having the same issues with STS 2.8.1 and roo 1.2.0. It cause all action withing STS to become very slow to the point where its impossible to work without rebooting.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
    Thanks

Comment

I'm having similar issues with Roo 1.2.0.RELEASE and STS 2.8.1, it is blocking my project from moving forward

Comment

Hangs could certainly be related to my problems with that Roo 1.2 doesn't detect file changes. In my case, however, it's only 1.2m1 and running in Terminal doesn't work better.
        1.1.5 certainly was more reactive than 1.2 seems to be.

Comment

I have this problem too, and have had to pull Roo out of my project. STS becomes so unresponsive, even the mouse becomes jumpy. Then, if I exit STS, the JVM continues and memory grows and grows until I kill it. If I pull Roo out of the project, everything else acts normal. :-(

Comment

Can someone from Spring address the issue?

I spent and entire day reverting back my environment to determine what caused the STS/Roo to be unresponsive, first I thought maybe I tried to install and download STS 2.8.1 with Roo 1.2.RELEASE would have done something with it but after reverting all that I still have issues

I had a very stable STS 2.7.1 RELEASE environment working with ROO 1.2.M1 milestone up until last week but today even that environment refuses to co-operate, any roo command even 'hint' takes away the cpu and memory and runs in STS forever until I kill it

IS Roo trying to connect to remove servers or something that slows it down and makes it unresponsive?

Please help because this is not helping our productivity

RK

Comment

this is what I see in the console window that is causing ROO issues

at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.helper.BaseMethod.invoke Method(BaseMethod.java:
              226)
              at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.helper.BaseMethod.access $500(BaseMethod.java:38
              )
              at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.helper.BaseMethod$Resolv ed.invoke(BaseMethod.ja
              va:591)
              at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.helper.BaseMethod$NotRes olved.invoke(BaseMethod
              .java:548)
              at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.helper.BaseMethod.invoke (BaseMethod.java:472)
              at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.DependencyManage r.invokeBindMethod(Depe
              ndencyManager.java:1028)
              at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.DependencyManage r.bind(DependencyManage
              r.java:944)
              at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.DependencyManage r.open(DependencyManage
              r.java:868)
              at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.ImmediateCompone ntManager.createImpleme
              ntationObject(ImmediateComponentManager.java:200)
              at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.ImmediateCompone ntManager.createCompone
              nt(ImmediateComponentManager.java:118)
              at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponen tManager$Unsatisfied.ac
              tivate(AbstractComponentManager.java:997)
              at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponen tManager.activateIntern
              al(AbstractComponentManager.java:333)
              at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.DependencyManage r.serviceAdded(Dependen
              cyManager.java:283)
              at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.DependencyManage r.serviceChanged(Depend
              encyManager.java:170)
              at org.apache.felix.framework.util.EventDispatcher.in vokeServiceListenerCall
              back(EventDispatcher.java:871)
              at org.apache.felix.framework.util.EventDispatcher.fi reEventImmediately(Even
              tDispatcher.java:733)
              at org.apache.felix.framework.util.EventDispatcher.fi reServiceEvent(EventDis
              patcher.java:662)
              at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.fireServiceEvent( Felix.java:3890)
              at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.access$000(Felix. java:79)
              at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix$2.serviceChanged( Felix.java:728)
              at org.apache.felix.framework.ServiceRegistry.registe rService(ServiceRegistr
              y.java:107)
              at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.registerService(F elix.java:2979)
              at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleContextImpl.regis terService(BundleContex
              tImpl.java:313)
              at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponen tManager.registerServic
              e(AbstractComponentManager.java:449)
              at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponen tManager.registerCompon
              entService(AbstractComponentManager.java:460)
              at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponen tManager$Unsatisfied.ac
              tivate(AbstractComponentManager.java:1009)
              at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponen tManager.activateIntern
              al(AbstractComponentManager.java:333)
              at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponen tManager.enable(Abstrac
              tComponentManager.java:157)
              at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.config.ConfiguredCompone ntHolder.enableComponen
              ts(ConfiguredComponentHolder.java:256)
              at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.BundleComponentActivator .loadDescriptor(BundleC
              omponentActivator.java:253)
              at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.BundleComponentActivator .initialize(BundleCompo
              nentActivator.java:147)
              at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.BundleComponentActivator .<init>(BundleComponent
              Activator.java:111)
              at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.Activator.loadComponents (Activator.java:285)
              at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.Activator.bundleChanged( Activator.java:203)
              at org.apache.felix.framework.util.EventDispatcher.in vokeBundleListenerCallb
              ack(EventDispatcher.java:807)
              at org.apache.felix.framework.util.EventDispatcher.fi reEventImmediately(Even
              tDispatcher.java:729)
              at org.apache.felix.framework.util.EventDispatcher.fi reBundleEvent(EventDisp
              atcher.java:610)
              at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.fireBundleEvent(F elix.java:3879)
              at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix .java:1850)
              at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.setActiveStartLev el(Felix.java:1192)
              at org.apache.felix.framework.StartLevelImpl.run(Star tLevelImpl.java:266)
              at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
              [org.springframework.roo.felix [44]] [org.springframework.roo.felix.pgp.PgpServi
              ceImpl] The activate method has thrown an exception
              org.apache.felix.log.LogException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: java.io.I
              OException: unknown object in stream: 0
              at org.springframework.roo.felix.pgp.PgpServiceImpl.g etTrustedKeys(PgpServic
              eImpl.java:152)
              at org.springframework.roo.felix.pgp.PgpServiceImpl.t rust(PgpServiceImpl.jav
              a:168)
              at org.springframework.roo.felix.pgp.PgpServiceImpl.t rustDefaultKeys(PgpServ
              iceImpl.java:110)
              at org.springframework.roo.felix.pgp.PgpServiceImpl.t rustDefaultKeysIfRequir
              ed(PgpServiceImpl.java:93)
              at org.springframework.roo.felix.pgp.PgpServiceImpl.a ctivate(PgpServiceImpl.
              java:86)
              at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Nativ e Method)
              at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknow n Source)
              at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Un known Source)
              at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
              227)
              )
              at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.helper.ActivateMethod.in voke(ActivateMethod.jav
              a:146)
              ntationObject(ImmediateComponentManager.java:226)
              at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.ImmediateCompone ntManager.createCompone
              nt(ImmediateComponentManager.java:118)
              at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.DelayedComponent Manager.createRealCompo
              nent(DelayedComponentManager.java:95)
              at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponen tManager$Registered.get
              Service(AbstractComponentManager.java:1148)
              at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.DelayedComponent Manager.getService(Dela
              yedComponentManager.java:88)
              at org.apache.felix.framework.ServiceRegistrationImpl .getFactoryUnchecked(Se
              rviceRegistrationImpl.java:310)
              at org.apache.felix.framework.ServiceRegistrationImpl .getService(ServiceRegi
              strationImpl.java:221)
              at org.apache.felix.framework.ServiceRegistry.getServ ice(ServiceRegistry.jav
              a:297)
              at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.getService(Felix. java:3139)
              at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleContextImpl.getSe rvice(BundleContextImpl
              .java:411)
              at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.DependencyManage r.getService(Dependency
              Manager.java:785)
              at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.DependencyManage r$3.getInstance(Depende
              ncyManager.java:1139)
              at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.helper.BindMethod.getPar ameters(BindMethod.java
              :564)
              226)
              )
              at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.helper.BaseMethod$NotRes olved.invoke(BaseMethod
              .java:548)
              at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.DependencyManage r.invokeUnbindMethod(De
              pendencyManager.java:1129)
              at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.DependencyManage r.unbind(DependencyMana
              ger.java:993)
              at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.DependencyManage r.close(DependencyManag
              er.java:880)
              ntationObject(ImmediateComponentManager.java:211)

Comment

it might be failing trying to reach the pgp server

# The keyserver Roo contacts for verifying PGP signed resources such as add-on bundles
                pgp.keyserver.url=http://keyserver.ubuntu.com/pks/lookup?op=get&search=

just a guess

Comment

Working...
                X