Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
"this affected type is not exposed to the weaver" when building with maven? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "this affected type is not exposed to the weaver" when building with maven?

I seem to get some of these for my entities when I build my Spring Roo project with maven 3 from the command line:

Code:
    this affected type is not exposed to the weaver: [path[.[Entity] [Xlint:typeNotExposedToWeaver]
    (where [path[.[Entity] is the qualified name of my entity)

The test for the entity in question work fine. I can get all woven fields from within STS. So what does this error actually mean?

I wish I knew, because I'm seeing the same thing using Roo 1.2.0.RC1 [rev dcaa483]

Comment

This behaviour remains even after I downgraded to Maven 2.2.1. I build with maven or in Springsource Tool Suite with AJDT. It doesn't seem to matter which way I build.

Comment

I'm still seeing this problem with Roo 1.2.2 and Maven 3.0.4. Did you manage to find a solution for this warning?

Comment

I'm just ignoring it as doesn't seem to mean anything.

Comment

Yeah, it doesn't seem to mean anything, but ignoring warnings is a dangerous habit...

Comment

I too get the warning

this affected type is not exposed to the weaver
              I run Roo 1.2.1 on Maven 3.0.4

Comment

I'm also seeing this and I sometimes end up with jar files containing class files that are lacking the roo added methods.

It sounds plausible that if the type is not exposed to the weaver, then the roo aspects would get dropped.

This is an extremely vexing problem as it happens on some build systems and not others.

Comment

Almost 2 years outstanding on this issue? Anyone have any ideas what these warnings mean and if Roo users should be concerned about them?

Comment

Working...
                  X