Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Spring Roo automatica add-on discovery service currently unavailable Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Roo automatica add-on discovery service currently unavailable

I just installed Roo 1.1.5 with STS 2.8.0 and created a new project. But I keep getting this message from the shell with commands like "database instrospect ...". Then I tried "addon list", which gives me "No add-ons known. Are you online?..." message. I am certainly online, but behine firewalls for sure.
    Is there some configuration I missed?

In Roo, certain commands need an order, for instance, you can't configure the security without having a web project.

However, the messages tend to be not clear in these cases. Fortunately, "hint" should help you sometimes.

Regarding your issue, maybe you need to configure the persistence before trying to access the database, did you execute the "jpa setup" command before trying to introspect the database?

Comment

perhaps "jpa setup --provider" is deprecated or what. I had to run "persistence setup" and that seems to be ok. Below is the what I got. As you can see, I tried to use Oracle first, that didn't work, so I decided to test with Hypersonic_in_memory, and that gave me the same "automatic discovery service unavailable" message.

Welcome to Spring Roo. For assistance press TAB or type "hint" then hit ENTER.
      roo> hint
      You can create entities either via Roo or your IDE.
      Using the Roo shell is fast and easy, especially thanks to the TAB completion.

Start by typing 'ent' and then hitting TAB twice.
      Enter the --class in the form '~.domain.MyEntityClassName'
      In Roo, '~' means the --topLevelPackage you specified via 'create project'.

After specify a --class argument, press SPACE then TAB. Note nothing appears.
      Because nothing appears, it means you've entered all mandatory arguments.
      However, optional arguments do exist for this command (and most others in Roo).
      To see the optional arguments, type '--' and then hit TAB. Mostly you won't
      need any optional arguments, but let's select the --testAutomatically option
      and hit ENTER. You can always use this approach to view optional arguments.

After creating an entity, use 'hint' for the next suggestion.
      roo> jpa setup --provider HIBERNATE --database ORACLE
      Command 'jpa setup --provider HIBERNATE --database ORACLE' not found (for assis
      NTER)
      Spring Roo automatic add-on discovery service currently unavailable
      roo> jpa setup --provider
      Command 'jpa setup --provider' not found (for assistance press TAB or type "hin
      roo> ent --class
      ent --class
      required --class: Name of the entity to create; no default value
      roo> persistence setup --provider HIBERNATE --database ORACLE
      roo> addon list
      No add-ons known. Are you online? Try the 'download status' command
      roo> database introspect --schema Testing
      JDBC driver not available for 'oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver'
      roo> persistence setup --provider HIBERNATE --database HYPERSONIC_IN_MEMORY
      Updated SRC_MAIN_RESOURCES\META-INF\spring\database.properties
      Updated ROOT\pom.xml [removed dependency com.oracle:ojdbc14:10.2.0.2; added dependency org.hsqldb:hsqldb:1.8.0.10]
      Updated SRC_MAIN_RESOURCES\META-INF\spring\applicationContext.xml
      Updated SRC_MAIN_RESOURCES\META-INF\persistence.xml
      roo> addon list
      roo> database introspect --schema Testing
      JDBC driver not available for 'org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver'
      roo>

Comment

"jpa setup" is the new command going forward and is available in 1.2.0.M1 and 1.2.0 snapshots. This command was not available in 1.1.5 which explains your output above. "persistence setup" is now deprecated in 1.2, but you will need to use it in 1.1.5.
        Alan

Comment

Apologies for the misunderstanding, I meant "persistence setup", but I was working with Roo 1.2 and I wrote " jpa setup" instead.

I read in your message "Spring Roo automatic add-on discovery service currently unavailable" and "Try the 'download status' command"

Have you tried this command? Try download status and read the message ("**** DOWNLOAD CONSENT GRANTED ****" in my case, plus "This means that all Spring Roo download functions are enabled. All applicable add-on discovery and installation commands are fully enabled.")

Maybe you have to use the command download accept terms of use if you can so.

Comment

"download status" looks fine.

Thanks for the clarification of "JPA setup" command. I real problem is still why it keeps giving the "automatic add-on discovery service currently unavailable" message. Without that, i assume there is nothing more i can do with Roo.
            "download status" doesn't show any problem.

Welcome to Spring Roo. For assistance press CTRL+SPACE or type "hint" then hit ENTER.
            roo> addon list
            roo> database introspect
            You must specify option 'schema' for this command
            roo> database introspect --schema ATS
            JDBC driver not available for 'oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver'
            roo> download status

**** DOWNLOAD CONSENT GRANTED ****

You have previously accepted the Spring User Agent Analysis (UAA) Terms of Use
            as displayed at http://www.springsource.org/uaa/terms_of_use. There is also a
            FAQ available at http://www.springsource.org/uaa/faq.

This means that all Spring Roo download functions are enabled. All applicable
            add-on discovery and installation commands are fully enabled.

If you'd like to change your mind and revoke your acceptance of the UAA Terms
            of Use (and in turn disable Spring Roo features such as add-on support), you
            may do so by typing 'download reject terms of use' and pressing ENTER.

If you'd like to keep UAA enabled (and thus all Spring Roo features enabled)
            but look at the exact data Spring UAA is sending, please type 'download view'
            and press ENTER. You can also fine-tune the level of data that Spring UAA is
            sending using the 'download privacy level' command.

Questions on Spring UAA? Please ask us on the Spring Roo Community Forum at
            http://forum.springsource.org/forumdisplay.php?f=67. We're happy to help.

Comment

"JDBC driver not available for 'oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver'"

Try another database (HYPERSONIC_IN_MEMORY, H2_IN_MEMORY, MYSQL, POSTGRES) because Oracle and DB2 have proprietary drivers that you have to provide (there's no public repositories for them, except for DB2_EXPRESS_C)

Besides, you have to use an OSGI driver (search in the forums, there's a POST about this)

Comment

I tried "Hypersonic-in-memory" also, but got the same error. I don't think the jdbc driver is my problem. "addon list" should not give me the message "no add-ons known", and that's my problem.

Comment

Working...
                X