X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OneToMany relationship and persisting target objects

In my application, I have a OneToMany relationship between a Job and a JobTime. So the Job can have multiple JobTime instances associated to it.

Here's the code for that relationship between both entities. I created this relationship using the Roo "field reference" command. The only change I made was changing the @ManyToMany in the Job class to a @OneToMany.

Code:
    @RooJavaBean
    @RooToString
    @RooEntity(table = "WOJOBS", versionField = "", identifierType = JobPk.class)
    public class Job {

@OneToMany(cascade=CascadeType.ALL, mappedBy="job")
        private Set<JobTime> jobTimes = new HashSet<JobTime>();

}
    Code:
    @RooJavaBean
    @RooToString
    @RooEntity(table = "WOJOBTIME", versionField = "", identifierType = JobTimePk.class)
    public class JobTime {

@ManyToOne
        @JoinColumns({ @JoinColumn(name="TMNUM", referencedColumnName="JONUM", insertable=false, updatable=false), @JoinColumn(name="TMLINE", referencedColumnName="JOLINE", insertable=false, updatable=false) })
        private Job job;

}
    So this looks fine up to this point. In my code I have a service class that is used for creating instances of JobTime. Simply persisting a new JobTime doesn't associate it back to the job. I have to either do something like "jobTime.setJob(job)" or add a function to the Job class for adding a new jobTime.

That function would look like this in the Job class. This method would avoid me having to explicitly call jobTime.setJob because then I would just call "merge" on the job from my service class and the jobTime would get peristed as well.

Code:
        public void addJobTime(JobTime jobTime) {
        	jobTime.setJob(this);
        	jobTimes.add(jobTime);
        }
    I'm just wondering if this is something that could be added to the ITD by Roo so that it's already done.
Working...
X