X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stepping Through Roo Generated Code in Debugger

While debugging a Roo application in STS, if I want to break inside or step through the Java code generated from the ITD files, how do I do it?
    I did not see any mention about how to do this in the reference documentation.
    Thanks,
    Viji

I have not seen any replies to this thread.
    Pretty much the only suggestion was to push the ITD code from AspectJ file into Java source, set break-points in the latter & debug and then push the code back out from Java source to AspectJ file.
    While this may be OK for trivial application like the Pizza Shop Roo tutorial (http://www.springsource.org/roo/guide?w=beginning), it is impractical for complex, real-world applications.

I checked the AspectJ FAQ about this and the following is all I saw there in terms of debugging support:
    "For debugging, AspectJ supports JSR-45, which provides a mechanism for debugging .class files that have multiple source files. Debugger clients and VM's are beginning to support this; see Sun's J2SE 1.4.1 VM and jdb debugger and recent versions of JBuilder."

It would be very helpful if someone can chime in on their experience with source level debugging of non-trivial applications based on Roo.
    This would be an important criterion in determining whether we want to adopt Roo in our next big project.

Thanks a lot.
    Viji

Comment

Working...
    X