X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to un-setup GWT?

In earlier stage of our project we did 'gwt setup' to kick everything off.
    Now that we integrated GXT into the project, we want Roo to take lesser role than before; we want it to stop managing and maintaining GWT related files.
    Basically to stop re-generating GWT related files every time we run Roo console after deleting those files.

However we are unable to find a way to do this.
    Hence the question, how to un-setup gwt?

Roo behaviour is typically triggered by its annotations (ie @RooGwtMirroredBean) so you should remove those annotations from places where you want to work on your own.

Comment

This doesnt seem to work for me.
      I removed @RooGwtMirroredBean from all *Proxy and *Request.
      When i run Roo console, it re-write those *Proxy and *Request and put @RooGwtMirroredBean back in there, and generates all GWT classes that I previously deleted.

Any other trick?
      I'm on 1.1.5 if its matter.

Comment

Hey bungrudi, currently there is no off switch for GWT domain model mirroring. I have created an issue here which I will update when the problem is fixed (before the next release).

Comment

Hi James,
          Good to hear this. Thanks. Currently this issue forced us to stop using Roo.
          Waiting to hear the update. :-)

Comment

Hey bungrudi, so what Roo capabilities do you want to keep in your project? Just the Entity->Proxy mirroring? Or the details and edit view creation as well?

Comment

Entity->Proxy mirroring.
              However there will also be cases where we don't want to expose some entities to the client layer (GWT). In this case, a liberty to stop the entity->proxy mirroring on specific entities will be a great help.

Comment

Any update on this issue?

Comment

Working...
                X