Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error staring the Roo shell

I have $ROO_HOME\bin on my window Path.

This what I get when I type Roo on the cmd prompt

ERROR: Error starting file:/I:/spring-roo-1.1.5.RELEASE/bundle/org.springframework.roo.addon.backup-1.1.5.RELEASE.jar (org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle org.springframework.roo.addon.backup [7]: Unable to resolve 7.0: missing requirement [7.0] package; (&(package=org.springframework.roo.file.monitor.ev ent)(version>=1.1.0)(!(version>=2.0.0))) [caused by: Unable to resolve 39.0: missing requirement [39.0] package; (&(package=org.springframework.roo.support.ant)(ve rsion>=1.1.0)(!(version>=2.0.0))) [caused by: Unable to resolve 52.0: missing requirement [52.0] package; (package=javax.xml.namespace)]])
    ERROR: Error starting file:/I:/spring-roo-1.1.5.RELEASE/bundle/org.springframework.roo.addon.configurable-1.1.5.RELEASE.jar (org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle org.springframework.roo.addon.configurable [8]: Unable to resolve 8.0: missing requirement [8.0] package; (&(package=org.springframework.roo.classpath)(vers ion>=1.1.0)(!(version>=2.0.0))) [caused by: Unable to resolve 36.0: missing requirement [36.0] package; (&(package=org.springframework.roo.file.monitor)(v ersion>=1.1.0)(!(version>=2.0.0))) [caused by: Unable to resolve 39.0: missing requirement [39.0] package; (&(package=org.springframework.roo.support.ant)(ve rsion>=1.1.0)(!(version>=2.0.0))) [caused by: Unable to resolve 52.0: missing requirement [52.0] package; (package=javax.xml.namespace)]]])
    ERROR: Error starting file:/I:/spring-roo-1.1.5.RELEASE/bundle/org.springframework.roo.addon.creator-1.1.5.RELEASE.jar (org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle org.springframework.roo.addon.creator [9]: Unable to resolve 9.0: missing requirement [9.0] package; (package=javax.xml.parsers))
    ERROR: Error starting file:/I:/spring-roo-1.1.5.RELEASE/bundle/org.springframework.roo.addon.dbre-1.1.5.RELEASE.jar (org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle org.springframework.roo.addon.dbre [10]: Unable to resolve 10.0: missing requirement [10.0] package; (package=javax.xml.parsers))
    The error msg is being shortened to bypass post limit.

Any ideas ??

Thanks in advance

Ok, I figured out why.

Your java is using JRE, NOT JDK

Uninstall the Java, but not the Java SDK from your system.

Comment

Hello, I have one additional note to this issue.

Removing jre is not a wise solution, because another application may require jre to run properly. This was my case, as I am using Arch Linux and jdk, scala and vuze depends on jre package (therefore I cannot uninstall jre).
      I have faced a similar issue and found very simple solution. According to this bug report the problem can be a new version of java (oracle jvm7), which is not supported by Apache Felix (v.3.0.7). I downloaded the newest version (3.2.2) and replaced the old one in ROO_HOME/bin folder. It works for me, so I hope it will help others who encounter this issue.

Comment

thank you!
        This solution work to me too

Spring-roo version 1.1.5

i just download Felix Framework Distribution 4.0.1,
        copy the felix.jar from FELIX_DIR\bin\ to spring-roo-1.1.5.RELEASE\bin

Comment

did you remove the previous jar, or left it there?

Comment

I was having the same issue. Thanks for this info - this fix worked for me as well.

roo version 1.1.5
            sts 2.8.1
            maven 3.0.3

Here is a link to the felix downloads page for others who may be experiencing the same problem...

Comment

OK, I am late to the party, but this saved my bacon too. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by qin View Post
                I have $ROO_HOME\bin on my window Path.

This what I get when I type Roo on the cmd prompt

The error msg is being shortened to bypass post limit.

Any ideas ??

Thanks in advance
                Thank you have understood the error

Comment

Working...
                X