Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clarrification needed on DBRE verses manual method

Hi,

I have a small project working using DBRE, it generates many files, which match what I have read in the manual DBRE would create. For example, the [tablename]_Roo_JavaBean.aj file contains the columns of the table.

When I then run a "mvn jetty:run" I can view web pages with the correct number of rows of data for every table, but no data shows for any column.

I noticed the [tablename].java file is empty. This older docs show this file was used with the Roo manual method of using the Roo shell and the entiity/field commans.

I then used the Roo shell commands of entity and field to add in the columns, and I see they update each [tablename].java file.

Now when I run a "mvn jetty:run", as before the correct number of rows show up, but now the data shows in each field for each table.

My question relates to confusion which is occurring because of the internet has docs and tutorials on using Roo before DBRE, and well as some after DBRE.

I read one place the files used by DBRE obsoleted the need to manually use the entity/field commands to update the [tablename].java files. If this is correct, then why are the rows correct, but no data occurs unless I manually use the Roo shell?

When using DBRE, does one still need to use the entity and field commands?

Comment

DBRE automatically creates @RooEntitiy classes and stores the fields accessor/mutators derived from the tables in the Roo_Db_Managed.aj ITD

Comment

Working...
      X