X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roo project creation in/for eclipse

I've run into two problem with Roo (or maybe STS) with the latest Eclipse Indigo/Roo 1.1.5/GWT 2.3/Maven 3/STS 2.7.1 plugins.

When I use Create Spring Roo Project, the dialog has a section for Maven support with a dropdown containing a single entry: Dependency management only. After creating, the project has an error: classpath error: unable to find org.aspectj.lang.JoinPoint.

The fix here is to explictly enable Maven by Configure -> Convert to Maven. The error about aspectj goes away. There are some other errors in the pom related to new Maven 3 issues, but they're easily fixed.

So, wasn't there a deeper Maven integration possible at project create in earlier releases? Does that require using an external Maven, or using Maven 2 to get that to work?

Next I start doing the demo steps in the getting started docs: persistence setup, create an entity, create a field, then gwt setup.

gwt setup will go ahead and generate everything, but doesn't mark the project as GWT Enabled, so Google -> GWT Compile won't work. The fix is to Google -> Web Toolkit Settings, select Web Toolkit and Use Google Web Toolkit, then select Web Application, This project has a WAR directory, and set the WAR directory to src/main/webapp.

GWT Compile now works, and the project launches and runs correctly from the GWT Developemnt mode. Edit: Well, not exactly, there's some bug related to Spring and the GWT Classloader that breaks it, but that's expected behavior, and where I expect it to fail.

And finally, the tutorial docs state that after running the Create Spring Roo Project wizard, you should have a Roo shell running, but that doesn't happen for me, I have to start it manually.

Can anyone comment on these behaviors? Should I be opening bugs on these, or am I just doing something worng/have bad expectations?
    Last edited by dsp; Jan 25th, 2012, 07:34 PM.

In some previous version for on the Spring Roo Project Wizard, in section Maevn Support/Provider we could choose "Full Maven Build". This is missing now; at least with SpringSource Tools 2.7.1.

Comment

Downgrade m2eclipse

In order to have Full Maven Build support enabled, we must used the m2eclipse archived version from SonaType (0.12.1.*) before the move to ecllipse.org

The Version can be found at http://m2eclipse.sonatype.org/archived-releases.html

Install this version, instead of the one that comes with Indigo repositories.

Comment

Working...
      X