Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Roo - Drools - EntityManager problem

Hi,

I'm currently working on a project integrating Drools (5.2.0) in Spring Roo (1.1.5).
    In my pom.xml file, I've added the dependencies for Drools Spring that I found here
    http://search.maven.org/#artifactdet....0.Final%7Cjar

But now, when I run my application using mvn tomcat:run, I have an error for all my Roo entities like this one :

The method createQuery(String) in the type EntityManager is not applicable for the arguments (String, Class<Driver>)

So, correct me if I'm wrong but it seems that adding the drools-spring dependency made my project using JPA1 instead of JPA2. But Roo 1.1.5 generates .aj files for JPA2...
    Has anyone of you had already met this problem ?

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Let me know if you need more information.

Roo uses JPA 2.0, however there is limited support for DataNucleus 1, so this may be worth a try.

Select DATANUCLEUS for the --provider option in the persistence setup command.
    Alan

Comment

Thank you Alan for your answer, but actually I'd like to use JPA 2.0 because I have already written JPA 2.0 code in custom classes. So I'm using ECLIPSELINK.

Please look at the screenshot :

Attachment

The problem is that drools-grid-impl depends on ejb3-persistence and persistence-api using JPA 1.0. But when I exclude drools-grid-impl, I have drools errors.
      Why does my project uses JPA 1.0 whereas I have a javax.persistence-2.0.3 dependecy.

Thank you for your help.
      Attached Files

Comment

I found this post while searching on Google :
        http://drools.46999.n3.nabble.com/ru...td2954393.html

I tried to delete persistence.xml from drools-grid-impl-5.2.0.Final.jar but STS doesn't allow to do it.

Comment

Modifying third-party JAR files (e.g. removing persistence.xml) is a last resort, as you then have to maintain and publish your own modified versions of those artifacts. A more sustainable/orthodox approach is to exclude the troublesome dependencies from your project. You've already tried excluding drools-grid-impl and that caused problems, so try excluding that JAR file's transitive JPA 1 dependencies. You can identify these using the following Maven command:

Code:
          mvn dependency:tree
          Look for the lines below drools-grid-impl to see what it's pulling in, then add exclusions to your project's drools-spring dependency to exclude the troublesome ones.

If that doesn't help, you're probably best off asking on a Drools (or Spring Drools) forum, as people there are more likely to have encountered this situation and have a solution.
          Last edited by Andrew Swan; Aug 9th, 2011, 11:35 PM. Reason: Fixed typo

Comment

Thank you Andrew it works ! Here is my pom.xml (drools-spring section only) for those who will have the same problem

Code:
            <dependency>
                        <groupId>org.drools</groupId>
                        <artifactId>drools-spring</artifactId>
                        <version>5.2.0.Final</version>
                        <exclusions>
                        	<exclusion>
                        		<artifactId>ejb3-persistence</artifactId>
                        		<groupId>org.hibernate</groupId>
                        	</exclusion>
                        	<exclusion>
                        		<artifactId>persistence-api</artifactId>
                        		<groupId>javax.persistence</groupId>
                        	</exclusion>
                        </exclusions>
            </dependency>

Comment

Thanks for going before me.
              I was just considering how to do this if I decided to jump rails (no ruby atm) for Spring/Roo from Jboss/Forge.
              Regards,
              Bernard.

Comment

Working...
              X