Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Spring Roo 1.1.5 - Cloud Foundry Deployment => How to use the MySQL service? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Roo 1.1.5 - Cloud Foundry Deployment => How to use the MySQL service?

What do I have to do to use the Cloud Foundry MySQL service in combination with Spring Roo?

I assume:

1) set persistence in Roo Shell to database "mysql"

2) bind the misql service to my cloud foundry app:
    cloud foundry bind service --serviceName misql --appName test1

3) start the app and run it in a webbrowser

Is there anything missing?

How do I change from the local db of step 1) to the cloud db of step 2) ??? or is this done automatically?

My problem: Step 2) does not work. It throws the following exception:
    java.lang.IllegalStateException: Failed to convert 'mysql' to type CloudService for option 'serviceName'
    Operation could not be completed: com.vmware.appcloud.client.AppCloudException: 404 Not Found (Service not found)

The reason probably is: "There are currently no provisioned services."
    Why is there no MySQL service available and how do I get one? Such a service is available in the tutorials / videos I watch,

Thanks for some explanations or a link to some documentation...

Best regards,
    Kai

assuming you are using cloud foundry sts plugin.. have you set up the mysql service in cloudfoundry? need to add to services on application tab.

Comment

No, I wanted to use only Spring Roo, not the STS plugin. I got it working, I had to create the service before I could bind it :-)

Comment

Working...
      X