Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roo console hangs during Jenkins/Hudson job

Hi,

I'm trying to add aspect generation for my Roo beans to my Jenkins/Hudson build. To achieve this I have a pre-build task defined that executes 'roo quit' in the source directory. In the job log I can see that all .aj files are generated properly but at the end the Roo console does not quit, means that the job is just hanging and the CPU goes up to almost 100% until I stop the job manually.

Env: Roo 1.1.5 and latest Jenkins version.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Yves

Are you behind a corprate firewall? I had problems similar to that due to a roo component trying to fetch a DTD over the web. Setting -Dhttp.proxyHost=<proxy> and -Dhttp.proxyPort=<port> in my roo.bat file solved it for me.

Comment

This could be an issue but my Jenkins box has direct access to the internet. Thanks!

Comment

Apparently it is not related to Jenkins as it also happens from the command line.

Comment

I had to abandon Roo because it suddenly stopped working. I had used it successfully a few days before (1.1.5) but then it stopped working, hanging whenever I tired to execute any commands (including hint).

Comment

Originally posted by yves@langisch.ch View Post
            Apparently it is not related to Jenkins as it also happens from the command line.
            If you mean the command line on your Jenkins server, try it from the command line on your development machine. If it doesn't work on your dev machine, try a fresh download of Roo and/or a new project, just to find out whether it's something to do with your Roo instance or your project.

Comment

Working...
            X