X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (MVC) Views and lists

I have A with a @OneToMany to B (and B with a @ManyToOne back to A).

But when I view A's:
    * show.jspx, I see no references to B whatsoever: see other, ad hoc thread and Jira ticket.
    * update.jspx, I only see the message "This relationship is managed from the <B> side." instead of a list of my Bs.
    Is this the current implementation, or is there something wrong with my design (for example the cardinalities).

To create a bi-directional relationship from a JPA perspective you also need to make sure to include the mappedBy attribute. Otherwise Roo would scaffold your forms in a way that the relationship is managed from the many side. There is an example at the end of this chapter in our docs: http://static.springsource.org/sprin...html#jsp-views

Also, the clinic.roo script illustrates this style of relationship as well.

Comment

Stefan,

I am aware of the mappedBy attribute, and use it.

In the project that I attached to
      https://jira.springsource.org/browse/ROO-2603
      take for example:
      *** "Project" for A, and
      *** "RiskIndex" for B.

Comment

While writing unit tests for some manual methods, I realize another possible issue.

Using the MVC UI, I associate Projects and RiskIndexes on the RiskIndex UI, given that it manages the relationship.

If I do the same via API, i.e.:
        riskIndex1.setProject(project);
        riskIndex3.setProject(project);
        riskIndex4.setProject(project);
        then look at project.getRiskIndexes(), it is empty. Which is understandable given the "simple" setters currently generated.

But given the bi-directional relationship, should the setter be generated as follows:
        public void RiskIndex.setProject(Project project) {
        this.project = project;
        project.getRiskIndexes().add(this);

}
        Yes we can override / push-in the setters manually, but if they can be generated the right way automatically...

Comment

Well, my latest "issue" may be that:
          * In my unit tests I am not persisting anything, and
          * The correct management of bi-directional relationships relies on the FKs and JPA...

Because when I reproduce my unit tests on the MVC UI I get the expected results, even though I (can) only build collections via the "many" side.

The lists are still not displayed correctly however, so my initial issue remains...

Comment

Working...
          X