Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Cannot install spring-flex-1.5.0.RELEASE in spring-roo-1.1.5.RELEASE Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot install spring-flex-1.5.0.RELEASE in spring-roo-1.1.5.RELEASE

I am trying to install the spring-flex addon in Roo but I am not having any luck. I installed the latest Roo and spring-flex downloads and then I copied spring-flex-1.5.0.RELEASE\dist\spring-flex-core-1.5.0.RELEASE.jar to the spring-roo-1.1.5.RELEASE\bundle directory as shown in the spring-blazeds tutorial. When I start Roo in project or a clean directory I get the following error trace. It is not finding the BlazeDS flex-messaging-core jar containing the flex.management package. Any suggestions?

Welcome to Spring Roo. For assistance press TAB or type "hint" then hit ENTER.
    roo> ERROR: Error starting file:/D:/spring-roo-1.1.5.RELEASE/bundle/spring-flex-core-1.5.0.RELEASE.jar (org.osgi.framewo
    rk.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle org.springframework.flex [66]: Unable to resolve 66.0: missing requi
    rement [66.0] package; (&(package=flex.management)(version>=4.0.0)(!(vers ion>=4.1.0))))
    org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle org.springframework.flex [66]: Unable to resolve 66.
    0: missing requirement [66.0] package; (&(package=flex.management)(version>=4.0.0)(!(vers ion>=4.1.0)))
    at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.resolveBundle(Fel ix.java:3409)
    at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix .java:1719)
    at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.setActiveStartLev el(Felix.java:1148)
    [org.springframework.flex [66]] FrameworkEvent ERROR
    at org.apache.felix.framework.StartLevelImpl.run(Star tLevelImpl.java:264)org.apache.felix.log.LogExcept ion: org.
    osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle org.springframework.flex
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)[66]: Unable to resolve 66.0: missing requirement [66.0] package; (&(pac
    kage=flex.management)(version>=4.0.0)(!(version>=4 .1.0))
    )
    at org.apache.felix.framework.StartLevelImpl.run(Star tLevelImpl.java:264)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
    roo> ERROR: Error starting file:/D:/spring-roo-1.1.5.RELEASE/bundle/spring-flex-core-1.5.0.RELEASE.jar (org.osgi.framewo
    rk.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle org.springframework.flex [66]: Unable to resolve 66.0: missing requi
    rement [66.0] package; (&(package=flex.management)(version>=4.0.0)(!(vers ion>=4.1.0))))
    org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle org.springframework.flex [66]: Unable to resolve 66.
    0: missing requirement [66.0] package; (&(package=flex.management)(version>=4.0.0)(!(vers ion>=4.1.0)))
    at org.apache.felix.framework.StartLevelImpl.run(Star tLevelImpl.java:264)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

The Roo Flex add-on has not been upgraded to the latest version of Roo yet, so you may need to use an older version of Roo to get it running.

Comment

OK, I tried the same thing with spring-roo-1.1.4.RELEASE and got the same result. Which version of Roo is the latest Flex addon compatible with?

Comment

You'll need to either keep trying progressively older versions of Roo or ask the plugin authors.

Comment

@chuckls,

It seems is working ... This is a recent pull request for making flex addon compatible to Roo 1.1.5. Git hub at https://github.com/SpringSource/spring-flex-roo .

Try it with reservations since the merge is not completed. -as far as I know-

The guy that came up with it deserves a lot of credit.

Good luck and let thread members know how it worked for you.

Note: I have an web app implemented using first flex addon release. You can visit it at http://pragmatikroo.org/gnc/gnc-debug/gnc.html

Comment

@delgad9 The addon jar almost works. The flex setup command runs but I get the following error:

Could not find the flex-framework dependency type.

I installed this following part one of the screencast Jeremy Grelle made at http://blog.springsource.com/2010/07..._utmk=10738356.

I looked for additional configuration to specify the flex framework in the Spring preferences but did not see anything.

Comment

@chuckls,

Contact the guy who is taking care of the update...
              I am sure this the right place for getting help on it.

Post feedback; so others can benefit from the experience

THx
              jD

Comment

@chuckls,

Congratulations. I know you succeeded with the updated flex add on...

I would like to implement your app but using jQuery instead of Flex RIA stuff.
                I already did it successfully on a prototype for replacing GWT for jQuery on one of the flagship gwt samples. Ref here http://pragmatikroo.blogspot.com/201...-mvc-view.html.

I have a Roo-flex web app implemented using an earlier version of the flex addon.
                Ref. http://pragmatikroo.org/gnc/gnc-debug/gnc.html.

However, I think the conversion of another new app would be more interesting for working on.
                I believe jQuery is extremely lightweight with great advantages vs. Flex and GWT RIA heavy-weight-complex technologies. Besides jQuery works pretty well with Roo.

I don't need source code at all. Just send a link where I can visit your Roo-Flex app.

Roogards
                jD

If you can't send the link -don't worry- I will use my earlier Roo-Flex app then.

Comment

Sorry, but the Apps I work on are all for work and are proprietary so I cannot share them. :-(

Comment

Working...
                  X