Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jtds driver addon problem

Hi,

I am setting up a new Roo 1.1.15 project, using an existing MSQL database. While seting up the database params, I recieved the error JDBC driver not available for 'net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver'.

I used "addon search jtds" to install it, but had the error "No add-ons known. Are you online? Try the 'download status' command".

I am online, but behind a company firewall, which had caused a problem with the roo-annotation jar in the 10 minute demo. I solved that with our group Nexus repo as a proxy. I have the jtds jar with the correct version matching the pom entry, but Roo does not seem to find it.

I could not find a way to tell Roo about our company proxy host/port, but it should have found it in our group Nexus.

What other steps can I take?

I assume you're trying to reverse engineer a database? If so, I can download the driver with no problems.

Code:
    roo> database introspect --schema unable-to-obtain-connection 
    Located add-on that may offer this JDBC driver
    1 found, sorted by rank; T = trusted developer; R = Roo 1.2 compatible
    ID T R DESCRIPTION -------------------------------------------------------------
    01 Y Y 1.2.4.0010 #jdbcdriver driverclass:net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver....
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [HINT] use 'addon info id --searchResultId ..' to see details about a search result
    [HINT] use 'addon install id --searchResultId ..' to install a specific search result, or
    [HINT] use 'addon install bundle --bundleSymbolicName TAB' to install a specific add-on version
    JDBC driver not available for 'net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver'
    roo> addon install id --searchResultId 1
    Target resource(s):
    -------------------
       Spring Roo - Wrapping - jtds (1.2.4.0010)

Deploying...done.

Successfully installed add-on: Spring Roo - Wrapping - jtds [version: 1.2.4.0010]
    [Hint] Please consider rating this add-on with the following command:
    [Hint] addon feedback bundle --bundleSymbolicName org.springframework.roo.wrapping.jtds --rating ... --comment "..."
    roo>
    The jar has been wrapped by us and is available at http://spring-roo-repository.springsource.org/release.

If you are not reverse engineering and simply trying use the jtds jar in a user project for a web app or unit tests, then the jar is available in Maven Central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/net/so...ds/jtds/1.2.4/)
    Alan

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Today I started the Roo console, and entered what you had done, same problem. I suspect it has to do with the company firewall and/or proxy.

{code}
      Welcome to Spring Roo. For assistance press TAB or type "hint" then hit ENTER.
      Spring Roo automatic add-on discovery service currently unavailable
      roo>
      {/code}

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Stewart View Post
        I assume you're trying to reverse engineer a database? If so, I can download the driver with no problems.

Code:
        Located add-on that may offer this JDBC driver
        1 found, sorted by rank; T = trusted developer; R = Roo 1.2 compatible
        ID T R DESCRIPTION -------------------------------------------------------------
        01 Y Y 1.2.4.0010 #jdbcdriver driverclass:net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver....
        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        [HINT] use 'addon info id --searchResultId ..' to see details about a search result
        [HINT] use 'addon install id --searchResultId ..' to install a specific search result, or
        [HINT] use 'addon install bundle --bundleSymbolicName TAB' to install a specific add-on version
        roo> addon install id --searchResultId 1
        Target resource(s):
        -------------------
           Spring Roo - Wrapping - jtds (1.2.4.0010)

Deploying...done.

Successfully installed add-on: Spring Roo - Wrapping - jtds [version: 1.2.4.0010]
        [Hint] Please consider rating this add-on with the following command:
        [Hint] addon feedback bundle --bundleSymbolicName org.springframework.roo.wrapping.jtds --rating ... --comment "..."
        roo>
        The jar has been wrapped by us and is available at http://spring-roo-repository.springsource.org/release.

If you are not reverse engineering and simply trying use the jtds jar in a user project for a web app or unit tests, then the jar is available in Maven Central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/net/so...ds/jtds/1.2.4/)
        Alan
        Hi Alan,

I am also in a similar situation. I am trying to reverse engineer a MSSQL database but am behind a corporate proxy and the Roo add-on discovery service does not work. I am also unable to browse the Roo maven repository link that you posted (http://spring-roo-repository.springsource.org/release). Apparently your Roo maven repository does not allow web browsing at the directory level. Unless you know the full URL of the jar you need, you cannot find the addon jar any other way.

Can you provide the direct link to the latest jtds addon jar so that I may download and install it?

Thanks,

Brad

Comment

Nevermind Alan,

I found the direct link to the addon jar I needed from the roobot.xml file. Now I am facing a different issue with connecting to the database itself.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by tbowens View Post
            Nevermind Alan,

I found the direct link to the addon jar I needed from the roobot.xml file. Now I am facing a different issue with connecting to the database itself.

Thanks
            I am not familiar with the roobot.xml file, what is this part of?

Comment

@Wrangler, the roobot.xml file may is found inside the roobot.xml.zip file which can be downloaded from the roobot.url listed in your {ROO_HOME}/conf/config.properties.

As of spring-roo-1.1.5.RELEASE that url is:

http://spring-roo-repository.springs...roobot.xml.zip

This file is used internally by spring-roo when installing addons, etc, but for those of us behind corporate firewalls it becomes necessary to install certain addons manually using the information found in the roobot.xml file.

I hope that info helps.

- Brad

Comment

Brad,

Thanks for the information. I was able to get the ZIP file, and in it see the JDTS link to the jar file. This link was a httppgp link, by removing the pgp part, I was able to download the jar file.

What was it you did to tell Roo to add this jar file?

Comment

Originally posted by Wrangler View Post
                  Brad,

Thanks for the information. I was able to get the ZIP file, and in it see the JDTS link to the jar file. This link was a httppgp link, by removing the pgp part, I was able to download the jar file.

What was it you did to tell Roo to add this jar file?
                  @Wrangler,

Simply drop the jar into the {ROO_HOME}/bundle directory and restart Roo.

Comment

Originally posted by tbowens View Post
                    @Wrangler,

Simply drop the jar into the {ROO_HOME}/bundle directory and restart Roo.
                    Thanks, that allowed me to progress further. I verified the database.properties files settings, and no longer have the jdts error.

Now I have this message:
                    Code:
                    roo> database introspect --schema ViewerLogging
                    Schema 'ViewerLogging' does not exist or does not have any tables. Note that the schema names of some databases are case-sensitive
                    Since this jdbc URL works fine in two other tools, is there something Roo specific I need to know about the database.url property?
                    Last edited by Wrangler; Jul 27th, 2011, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X