X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

Ive been using Roo now for 3 years or thereabouts, and in that time Ive learned a lot on how to customize Roo generated code.

I think of Roo as my helper to create the backbone of the application. When that is about done I go to phase 2 in the project, which is adding my own changes to the project, customizing it so that users only see their entries and not entries from other users etc.

I use the session for that and give each login a new applicationID. So I turn of Roo when I start phase 2, because I need to change the roo code quite extensively.

The only thing I havnt really mastered is dual dropdown lists, that is populating a second dropdown list filtered by the id you select in the first list.

Regards,
    Emil

Comment

Regarding deploying Spring applications in WAS, it comes out the boilerplate of profiling. In order to use something like that publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wasinfo/v7r0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.websphere.nd.multiplatform.doc/info/ae/ae/cspr_data_access_tran1.html or selecting the appropriate JSP/Servlets dependencies, we need to have a lot of work in the pom.xml, appCtx.xml and so on.

Regarding the 2nd phase approach, we haven't achieved a standard process to do so yet. But we're still trying to find a method that fits with our development process (or even to improve this process with the available tools and the ones that must to come, as wavemaker, for instance)

Comment

@Emil2010,

You can review my article...

at http://viralpatel.net/blogs/2011/01/...ail-forms.html for you filtered drop-down list.

The code described can be easily extrapolated for using lists instead of grids.

B. Roogrards
        jD

Comment

We have just finished our first roo based app. Customizing things went surprisingly smooth at the java level. What I would like to see is what tools / workflow other roo developers are using to move the designers html/css layouts into a tiles/jspx theme and layout for use in a roo based project.

Comment

@oceanfront,

I am very glad learning on your successful Roo experience...
            I think the Roo customization - a major issue is becoming more a myth by the day.

B. Roogards
            jD

Comment

Working...
            X