Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New tutorial - if people ask for it.

Hi Folks,

I did a small exercise with Spring Roo and I am happy enough with it to share it with the world. I am thinking of writing it up as a tutorial, but I would like some encouragement. Please comment if you would like me to write this one up?

I don't pretend my example is perfect - but it does work. I'm happy to hear of better ways of doing things :-)

My application is basically a cache for "RealUrl.org" - ie it finds out if a url has been shortened (eh by t.co) and returns the original url

So it has a basic one entity with just a few columns. It has a web front end for viewing that data (and entering test data if you want). It also has a json way of extracting that data through REST and json.

In order to debug the REST interface I used a cool ExtJS javascript from BTI360.com
    This should also be in the tutorial as it demonstrates a few extra things like it is easy to add ExtJS (and BTI360 deserve a mention :-)

Although not Spring Roo - it uses Springs RestTemplate to make the call to RealUrl, and JaxB to parse the results.

AlexMc
    http://www.owal.co.uk/

Sounds great! Please consider this as suitable encouragement...

Comment

A tutorial is always welcome, so I encourage you to make one

Comment

Yes Please, Yes please

what more do I have to say.

Comment

Absolutely! Go for it. Real world examples are illustrative, and helpful. We try to roundup good content and post everyweek in "This Week in Spring" (see, for example, http://www.springsource.org/node/3178 -- though there are a lot of others. It's published weekly..)

Comment

Working...
          X