X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dojo Version

What version of dijit lib ship with Roo? From what I can tell it's not 1.6.

From my research working on Roo in Action chapter 6, it has been 1.5 - Dojo didn't rev the framework in time for the 1.1.3 / 1.1.4 releases to switch it. I know that they deliver Spring Javascript instead of just Dojo, which is a JAR that includes Dojo 1.5, the Spring Javscript wrapper library, and Content With Style, a simple css layout library.

You can tell by downloading the spring-js-resources.jar file for the version used by your roo project, unzipping it, and looking at META-INF/dojo/dojo.js.uncompressed.js - look at line 272 - they use a trunk build for some reason rather than a release, so it shows version 0.0.0 revision 22487 - which is the SVN revision #.

You then can look here:

http://bugs.dojotoolkit.org/changeset/22487

In that page you'll see the heading : tags/release-1.5.0/dojo/_base/_loader/bootstrap.js

So, they released the spring-js-resources.jar file with 1.5.0 of Dojo.

If you want to upgrade, you can do this:

- download dojo 1.6
    - place it in your src/main/resources/META-INF directory under a subdirectory like dojo16
    - change the resources tag to put that directory first:
    <mvc:resources location="/, classpath:/META-INF/dojo1.6/, classpath:/META-INF/web-resources/" mapping="/resources/**"/>

Then when your server instance loads, it finds the newer version of Spring JS. I'm not sure if that will break anything, but you can at least experiment and tweak your generated tagx files if things act differently. In a cursory experiment, it seemed to work fine.

Ken

Comment

Dojo Version

Hi i am using Spring roo and the default implementation of dojo along with.
      I am getting a lot of CSS errors in Dojo. Like when i encapsulate the roo generated tags inside a div , then the field:input boxes get englarged somehow. I dont know why it happens .
      Also The Date function of dojo , displays numbers like 8 for August and 1-7 for Mon-Sun. It shows all numbers and no words.

What may be the reason for this discrepancy ?

I found a website here Which shows how to upgrade the dojo version. But after following his steps i get the following error.

src\main\resources\web-resources\dojo-1.6.1\dojox\gfx\resources\svg2gfx.xsl

In this file i am getting an error on the line numbers 731,789 1082. It says XPath is invalid for &SupportedElements;

Can you please Help Me out !!!

Comment

Working...
      X