X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Roo halt on error - big frustration

Suddenly Roo found an error in a file and is showing "Invalid byte 1 of 1-byte UTF-8 sequence." and halts. Even when development mode on, it does now tell which file it's working on. And since it halts instead of just skipping that file, I'm totally blocked from working.

I hope somebody can help me. How do I find which file the error exists in?

And for the developers: Please log which file Roo is working on so that errors like this don't prevent us from working totally from doing our work. I have chosen Roo for a quite big project, and as always time is valuable. Now I have been looking for an, to me, unknown error for almost a whole day while my clients need an update to the project asap. But since Roo halts, changes to entities are not processed, and a new version can not be built.

I chose Roo to make things easier, and it really has done a good job with that! But because so much time is waisted when something happens, and the problem is almost impossible to find, the time earned on code generation is soon used on problem hunting...

Originally posted by MaxQ View Post
    Suddenly Roo found an error in a file and is showing "Invalid byte 1 of 1-byte UTF-8 sequence." and halts.
    I have the same problem. After upgrade Roo and project from 1.2.1 to 1.2.2.REALISE and STS 3.0.0.M3.

I checked all my xml and property file and I changed to UTF-8 if was not set, but it doesn't work. Please help. Where I would see which file is broken ?

Comment

I found solution

File pom.xml had wrong char in polish word (comment). What should you do:
      1. delete 'target' dir
      2. refresh and clean project in eclipse
      3. after full build eclipse should show where are wrong chars.

By the way, roo should be more talkative !!! He knows what was wrong...

Comment

Yeah, error reporting by the Roo shell is very frustrating...

Comment

Originally posted by MaxQ View Post
          Suddenly Roo found an error in a file and is showing "Invalid byte 1 of 1-byte UTF-8 sequence." and halts.
          ¿ Perhaps some project file has been modified with no UTF-8 encoding or invalid chars ?

Regards !

Comment

Working...
          X