X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Push-in with signature change causing ambiguous methods

I have a controller that I have pushed in the show method from the aspect. I need access to the HttpServletRequest, which I added as a parameter to the method. However, doing so causes Roo Shell to re-generate the show method in the aspect.

I know I have seen this question asked here before, and I know there is a JIRA story that says its fixed, but it doesn't seem like it is.

As a note: I am on Roo 1.1.4.RELEASE [rev f787ce7] and STS 2.6.1, jdk 1.6 on OS X 10.6.7.

Thanks,
    Mike Bauer

There was a critical issue with pushed-in methods (https://jira.springsource.org/browse/ROO-2368) and the fix included the method parameters as well. I will do some testing to ensure there are no other problems to be able to use the method name only.

Comment

Git commit id b3665bf1917fbbd6944705658b2f00ae06a2f315 now causes only the method name to be checked, so you can add your extra parameter and the method will not get re-generated in the ITD
      Last edited by Alan Stewart; Jun 6th, 2011, 06:17 AM.

Comment

For the record, this is why I love you guys! Awesome support, fast turn-around. I wish the majority of the projects out there ran like this.

Thanks for the quick commit. I'll try to snag the nightly and give it a whirl. I don't expect any problems.

Comment

For the record, this is why I love you guys!
          It's nice to be loved

The whole Roo team hopefully will be there for SpringOne later this year. Please stop by if you can make it and say hello!

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Stewart View Post
            Git commit id b3665bf1917fbbd6944705658b2f00ae06a2f315 now causes only the method name to be checked, so you can add your extra parameter and the method will not get re-generated in the ITD
            Not to be a pest, but I am seeing the same thing, only now with methods pushed in from the Json annotations. Method in question is showJson(). Basically, its the same problem: I push in the method, add HttpServletRequest request as a parameter, and the Roo shell re-adds the old method back to the Json controller. If I remove the added parameter, the Roo Shell removes it from the aspect file.

Is there any way the changes you made could be applied universally to all Controllers?

Edit: Forgot to mention, using Roo 1.2.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT [rev e6dfc7b]

Comment

Please raise a Jira improvement ticket for this. We can probably have it ready for 1.2.0

Comment

JIRA story 2582 is now open.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X