Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eclipse Roo Shell CTRL+SPACE not working

Hi,

I've used ROO before however, trying to use ROO from within Eclipse IDE. To start with when I type hint as usual it prompted me to enter "persistence setup" and press CTRL+SPACE three times.

When I try that nothing happens? Do I need to configure eclipse to use ROO shell?

It works OK in STS. If you are using Eclipse, how did you install Roo?

Comment

Roo is installed from STS update site for eclipse. Is there any configuration which might be missing?

----Update

Alan,

Today, when I created a new project and attempted to use "CTRL+SPACE" 3 times after typing "persistence setup", I get following message "The chosen operation is not enabled"

Also, this message appears only once i.e. only for first time thereafter nothing happens.

Hope this helps, in resolving this issue.
      Last edited by tiger.spring; Jun 3rd, 2011, 03:32 PM. Reason: more info

Comment

Any suggestions, Alan?

Comment

Did you create a new Roo project in STS? It all works for me

Comment

I'm sure it will work in STS. But, as you can see from my earlier posts the questions is not w.r.t. STS IDE instead I'm using Eclipse Helios with STS plugin.

FYI, when I create a new ROO Project from the dashboard it starts the ROO shell on its own where I start typing and expect it to work the way ROO shell works. But, I believe the STS plugin for eclipse has bugs and it doesn't work.

I don't want to install STS as of now but rather would like to know if ROO shell works in eclipse or not?

Comment

This appears not to be a Roo issue, given that it works OK in STS and standalone. If you believe as you say the STS plugin for Eclipse has bugs, then I suggest you raise this on the STS forum.

Comment

up key and down key

Comment

Working...
                X