X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complete Project With Spring ROO

Hello what i wanted to know if there is any tutorial steo by step which explains how to implement a back end and front end with spring roo project.I need to develop that application in very short time that is why i am using roo but still i am not finding the option to be able to implement and admin sectin and user part. I have seen that there is user role but what i want is not to have the admin section viewable to users.
    If i have to implement it using other technologies I would have folder containing pages for ADmin and other User and run it with their typical index page . Is there a way to do it please?
    I also wanted to know how roo deals with session
    Thnks a lot
    Lifang

Your best starting point is the reference guide, particularly Section 2, titled Beginning With Roo: The Tutorial.

Comment

thanks for it I have already gone through it but do you know if it is possible to create view entities with command in roo

Comment

If by "view entities" you mean Data Transfer Objects, then I can tell you we have no plans to implement that pattern. Or if you mean something else, please provide more details.

Comment

View

Hello thanks for your quick reply
          What i meant by views entities are more clearly views is just like those that are usually done in mysql just a view that implements the queries and stored it in respected table .

Here is a link of what i want to create in spring roo :

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/create-view.html

Thanks
          Lifang

Comment

What you are talking about is database VIEWS or SCHEMAS. VIEWS and SCHEMAS have access to a database with certain rights. They cannot change the structure of the db and may or may not be able to change data. Sounds like you want to know if Roo can create entities which support this rights-based access. That would most likely be done in the persistence manager. When you specify your db connection in the persistence config, you can specify user rights. You can have more than one connection to the db. I don't think Roo would need to do anything for this, but options could be added to certain commands that would allow specifying the persistence connection properties.

Comment

Originally posted by lifang View Post
              What i meant by views entities are more clearly views is just like those that are usually done in mysql just a view that implements the queries and stored it in respected table.
              In that case the answer is no, Roo cannot create database views for you. If you want it to do this, you can write your own add-on, otherwise log a feature request and if enough other people want such a feature, we'll look at it.

Comment

Sql querries

Thanks for your reply aww I see , i want to create views to display sql querries but i think (am not sure ) that may be can manualy create controller for sql querries like for example if a user has this id display list of docs and so .. Let me know if the way I am thniking to implement it is the wrong or good way ..
                Thanks again
                Lifang

Comment

Are you perhaps referring to Domain Object Security?

Comment

Hello sorry for late reply I have been looking for it ... this is simply what i wanted to do :

A.20.3. web mvc install view
                    Create a new static view.
                    web mvc install view --path --viewName --title
                    --path
                    The path the static view to create in (required, ie '/foo/blah'); no default value (mandatory)
                    --viewName
                    The view name the mapping this view should adopt (required, ie 'index'); no default value
                    (mandatory)
                    --title
                    The title of the view; no default value (mandatory)

Example taken from spring roo documents I needed only to take some times and go through all those commands .

Comment

Working...
                    X