Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
finder add is not generating Finder ITD when table has version column Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finder add is not generating Finder ITD when table has version column

Hi,

I noticied that when a table has a version column, the finder add does not generate the *Roo_Finder.aj nor *Roo_Controller_Finder.aj.

I issued the finder add --finderName and it updated only the Entity.

If I remove the version column from the table and issue a reverse engineer on the tables, now the same finder command will generate the Finder ITD as expected.

I would like to have a version column. Is there a way to have a version column and have the finder command still generate the ITD?

Thanks.

Are you trying to add a finder for the version column? If so, Roo doesn't support that. But if you had a finder for a normal field and by having a version column, the finder is ITD is not being generated, then this is a bug

Comment

No. Not trying to add a finder for the version column. I am trying to add a finder for a description column. Specifically, the following command:

finder add --finderName findT4DdaMonetaryExtTxnsByExtTxnDescEquals

If the table has a version column, Roo updates only the Entity. Specifically, it updates the @RooEntity annotation to include that finder name. That is the only update it makes. If I delete the version column and issue the exact same command, then the ITDs, and views get generated as expected.

Comment

Alan,

Thanks for the response. I have created jira issue 2480 for this issue.

Also, if I start out with a table that has no version column, add finders, then add a version column, Roo deletes the finders. I don't see a way to use the dynamic finders through Roo and also have a version column. If there is a way around this issue, I would love to know about it. For now, plan B is to write the code manually.

https://jira.springsource.org/browse/ROO-2480

Comment

ROO-2480 has been resolved. Please use a snapshot build from http://static.springsource.org/downl...hp?project=ROO. Best wait to the 2nd June version to be sure as the 1st June may have already been built without the fix in.

Comment

Working...
          X