X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Spring Roo and Eclipse RAP to play together

I've had great success getting a Spring Roo project working, with security, RESTful services, etc. I've also developed an Eclipse RAP project that is great for data presentation, menuing, and ultimately integrating in BIRT for reporting. I want to use the Spring Roo project to do the entity management portion of the overall project and run the whole application within Jetty.

Does anyone have any advice on how to get a minimal proof of concept running? I've developed the Roo in STS, but had to go to another Eclipse instance to do the RAP development. I need to turn the Roo project into an OSGi plug-in that I can reference from the RAP project, but am uncertain how to do this.

Any advice on where to look to set up such a proof-of-concept? Many searches haven't yielded anything yet.

Many thanks to any kind souls out there.

You can change your Roo project into an OSGi bundle by editing your POM as follows:
    • changing the packaging from "war" to "bundle", and
    • adding the Felix "bundle" plugin; here is a minimal configuration:
    Code:
            <plugin>
                <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
                <artifactId>maven-bundle-plugin</artifactId>
                <version>2.3.4</version>
                <extensions>true</extensions>
            </plugin>
    You might well want to tweak the bundle configuration as described here, e.g. to limit what packages are exported. You will also need to satisfy your project's dependencies (e.g. JPA), but you may already have that bit figured out.

From my limited testing, Roo seems happy for you change the POM as described above. Let us know how you go!

Comment

Working...
    X