X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roo dependency is missing when using perform eclipse

I am updating the version of Roo which is being used in my project to 1.1.4. However I get this error:
    Code:
    Missing artifact org.springframework.roo.wrapping:org.springframework.roo.wrapping.bcprov-jdk15:jar:1.45.0.0001:provided
    and it suggests me to download the jar file manually because maven cannot resolve the dependency. I've searched the internet but couldn't find any place that hosts this jar file. Can anyone show me how to resolve this dependency? Thank you.

Is that JAR a dependency of your project (check via mvn dependency:tree) or is it required by a Maven plugin?

FWIW, this works in a new directory:
    Code:
    C:\new> roo
    roo> script clinic.roo
    roo> perform eclipse

Comment

mvn dependency:tree
      shows the same error

Code:
      Failed to resolve artifact
      Missing:
      ----------
      1) org.springframework.roo.wrapping:org.springframework.roo.wrapping.bcprov-jdk15:jar:1.45.0.0001
      I checked the dependency hierarchy in my pom file. This dependency is required by org.springframework.uaa.client:1.0.2.RELEASE which is required by org.springframework.roo.project:1.1.4.RELEASE which is required by org.springframework.roo.addon.web.mvc.controller.
      1.1.4.RELEASE pom file doesn't specify the version of org.springframework.uaa.client but I guess it might just get the latest version of it because I found the latest version of org.springframework.uaa.client is 1.0.2.RELEASE in Spring's repository.

The orignal pom didn't have this org.springframework.roo.addon.web.mvc.controller dependency. Maybe this org.springframework.roo.addon.web.mvc.controller dependency is the one that causes the problem. I'll remove it and see how it goes.

I have removed org.springframework.roo.addon.web.mvc.controller and the build is smooth now. Thank you.
      Last edited by newguy; May 17th, 2011, 10:20 PM. Reason: updated progress

Comment

Ah, I get it, you're writing a Roo addon. Anyway, that JAR is available from this URL:

http://spring-roo-repository.springs....45.0.0001.jar

Maven should be able to find it as long as it can resolve the following repo (either because this repo is declared in your POM, or a parent POM, or configured in your Maven artifact repository, e.g. Nexus):

Code:
        <repository>
            <id>spring-roo-repository</id>
            <name>Spring Roo Repository</name>
            <url>http://spring-roo-repository.springsource.org/release</url>
        </repository>
        If you create a new addon (e.g. using "addon create simple") then Roo will automatically add this repo to your POM.
        Last edited by Andrew Swan; May 17th, 2011, 10:52 PM. Reason: Clarity

Comment

Working...
        X