Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The annotations jar is in the distribution zip (annotations directory). You just need to copy this to your Maven repo. This is not normally required in a RELEASE version, as the annotations jar is on a public repo

Comment

I was able to succesfully verify the fix. I used spring-roo-1.2.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT_20110525.080013-f7dd4de.zip and the "mvn install:install-file" suggested above.

Comment

I followed the steps mentioned but there are a couple more steps. I had to manually copy the annotations jar to the Maven repo:

<user_home>\.m2\repository\org\springframework\roo \org.springframework.roo.annotations\1.2.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT\

I also did the Maven -> Update Dependencies in STS (which will fail until you copy the annotations jar above).

I also had to close and re-open the project in STS before it would recognize that the Maven Dependencies of the project had changed.

I also had to close and restart STS.

Now I get warnings:
        [WARN] The POM for org.springframework.roo:org.springframework.roo.an notations:jar:1.2.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT is missing, no dependency information available
        [WARN] The POM for cglib:cglib:jar:2.2 is missing, no dependency information available

Now I get an error doing perform tests:
        ~.web roo> perform tests
        Cannot run program "mvn.bat" (in directory "<path>\RooFirst"): CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

Do I need to manually create mvn.bat in the project?

Comment

I did manage to get it working but it required creating a project from scratch with the new Roo version. Unfortunately the demo does not work when deployed to the server but that's another issue.

Roo unfortunately uses an env var for the Java location so this requires starting STS using a batch file. Non-admin users in Windows 7 do not have access to env vars for the system and you wouldn't want to do that anyway, requires reboot, etc. STS Roo should use the JDK configured in the project.

Comment

May I ask you how did you resolved the cglib warning you mentioned?
            "[WARN] The POM for cglib:cglib:jar:2.2 is missing, no dependency information available"

I (would like to) use Roo through SpringSource Tool Suite. The interesting thing is that there is a cglib-nodep-2.2.jar in both the Maven repository and in the Eclipse Maven dependencies section. Still Maven complains:
            "The repository system is offline but the artifact cglib:cglib:jar:2.2 is not available in the local repository."

Comment

Unfortunately the latest snapshot seems to have another problem, so I cannot even reach the gwt part of the "First application". Maybe this is related to the cglib problem above, but unlikely. If I add the controllers, Roo displays another error.:

~.Timer roo> controller all --package ~.web
              Created SRC_MAIN_WEBAPP\WEB-INF\spring
              Updated SRC_MAIN_WEBAPP\WEB-INF\spring\webmvc-config.xml
              Created SRC_MAIN_WEBAPP\images
              Undo create SRC_MAIN_WEBAPP\images
              java.lang.IllegalStateException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: bundle
              Last edited by hontvari; Jul 1st, 2011, 12:10 PM. Reason: too long

Comment

@hontvari,

The 'controller all --package ~.web' command will create Spring MVC scaffolding rather than GWT scaffolding (which is what this thread is about). If you encounter problems with the MVC scaffolding please post this in a separate thread (with sufficient detail so we can see what is going on).

Comment

Originally posted by Stefan Schmidt View Post
                  The 'controller all --package ~.web' command will create Spring MVC scaffolding rather than GWT scaffolding (which is what this thread is about). If you encounter problems with the MVC scaffolding please post this in a separate thread (with sufficient detail so we can see what is going on).
                  I just followed the "First Project – via STS" example at www.springsource.org/roo/start . It contains the GWT related line:
                  roo> controller all --package ~.web
                  roo> selenium test --controller ~.web.TimerController
                  roo> gwt setup

On my first attempt, gwt setup failed. This is why I found this thread. Then I followed the workaround described in this topic, but it does not seem to work with the latest snapshot anymore. This is why I wrote here. But maybe I have a different problem, I don't know.

Update: All of the above happened on Windows 7. On Ubuntu I have not tried the "First application", but I was able to compile the GWT example. However it did nothing, except it displayed a "Loading..." box.

Comment

Working...
                  X