Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why roo is better than other frameworks?

Hi,
    I would like to know what do you think about roo. Do you think it is the best java mvc framework available? why?
    thanks

Hello,

It is indeed awesome... It is better because allows to use the lateral thinking that Developers should have.

Thank you
    jD

Comment

I think it is best in Java world, you could focus your energy on your business logic, not the java implementation. But, to be honest, I think the shell command is just a DSL for web application, which is also implemented in the world of Ruby and Python.

Before I met Roo, I often suggest the people who want to make a web app to use Ruby or Python, there are a lot of famous RAD frameworks, like RoR or Django, Pylons. However, dynamic language has its shortcoming, if you are a Java developer, it is a little painful to move to Python or Ruby, you need learn a new language, new concept, new IDE.

Thank God, now we have Roo, we can get the same productivity, even more because the Java IDEs are wonderful. We needn't learn a new language, new IDE and even new concept. And for a company, it is much easier to find a Java developer than Python or Ruby.

And thank spring framework, we have so many features to reuse. JSON, Security and so on. We need not create them by ourself. And Roo also import many great techs, like tiles, logging and upload.

I am a big fan of Maven, it is another reason why I choose Roo.

Last, the developers of Roo are so fantasy, they always resolve your problem at first time, you can feel at ease to use Roo.

Comment

Working...
      X