Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
New 2.6.1.RELEASE of STS can't import Roo project successfully Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 2.6.1.RELEASE of STS can't import Roo project successfully

I'm seeing issues with a brand new, clean installation of STS 2.6.1.RELEASE when I attempt to import a Roo project created outside of STS.

I've seen STS-1679, which appears to be related. There are also other issues.

If I do File\Import...\Existing Maven Projects, I see the following errors.

* Package presentation of flat v. horizontal has no effect
    * Spring Beans support issues bogus error messages about missing classes -- the classes that Spring Beans support is claiming are missing are actually part of the project and present.
    * Some syntax highlighting is broken: public static final members aren't emboldened and italicized when referenced from source in files other than that which defines the constants.

If I then delete the project in STS, then in the filesystem, delete .project, .classpath & .settings, then back in STS click the Roo Shell window's "Create New Roo Project" button, select the folder containing the folder containing my project, I see the following error in the console window
    Code:
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    	at org.aspectj.ajdt.internal.compiler.CompilerAdapter.ajc$afterReturning$org_aspectj_ajdt_internal_compiler_CompilerAdapter$4$2cef295e(CompilerAdapter.aj:93)
    	at org.aspectj.org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.Compiler.beginToCompile(Compiler.java:358)
    	at org.aspectj.org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:371)
    	at org.aspectj.ajdt.internal.core.builder.AjBuildManager.performCompilation(AjBuildManager.java:1021)
    	at org.aspectj.ajdt.internal.core.builder.AjBuildManager.performBuild(AjBuildManager.java:268)
    	at org.aspectj.ajdt.internal.core.builder.AjBuildManager.batchBuild(AjBuildManager.java:181)
    	at org.aspectj.ajdt.ajc.AjdtCommand.doCommand(AjdtCommand.java:112)
    	at org.aspectj.ajdt.ajc.AjdtCommand.runCommand(AjdtCommand.java:60)
    	at org.aspectj.tools.ajc.Main.run(Main.java:371)
    	at org.aspectj.tools.ajc.Main.runMain(Main.java:248)
    	at org.codehaus.mojo.aspectj.AbstractAjcCompiler.execute(AbstractAjcCompiler.java:360)
    	at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:107)
    	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:209)
    	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:153)
    	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:145)
    	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:84)
    	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:59)
    	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.singleThreadedBuild(LifecycleStarter.java:183)
    	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute(LifecycleStarter.java:161)
    	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:319)
    	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:156)
    	at org.maven.ide.eclipse.internal.embedder.MavenImpl.execute(MavenImpl.java:223)
    	at org.maven.ide.eclipse.internal.project.GenericBuildParticipant.executePostBuild(GenericBuildParticipant.java:138)
    	at org.maven.ide.eclipse.internal.project.GenericBuildParticipant.build(GenericBuildParticipant.java:77)
    	at org.maven.ide.eclipse.internal.builder.MavenBuilder.build(MavenBuilder.java:153)
    	at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$2.run(BuildManager.java:629)
    	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
    	at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:172)
    	at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:203)
    	at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$1.run(BuildManager.java:255)
    	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
    	at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:258)
    	at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuildLoop(BuildManager.java:311)
    	at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.build(BuildManager.java:343)
    	at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.AutoBuildJob.doBuild(AutoBuildJob.java:144)
    	at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.AutoBuildJob.run(AutoBuildJob.java:242)
    	at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)
    I also see the same errors above.

I've also tried adding the nightly release update site (http://dist.springsource.com/snapsho.../nightly/e3.6/) as recommended in the issue, but that update fails saying that Spring IDE is already installed and will be updated instead, but I can't continue -- the only button enabled is "Cancel".

What do I need to do to get this working properly again in STS 2.6.1.RELEASE?

-matthew
Working...
X