Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snapshot release 1.1.4 seems to reformat JSPX files

Hi

I have just started using 1.1.4 nightly build in order to use push-in refactoring in controllers, which is working fine.

I have noticed however that any time one of the JSPX files are updated by Roo (the create.jspx, update.jspx files for example) are formatted in a different way from 1.1.3.

This is not a huge deal but it does mean that I need to check through all the changes on my project to check the changes are what I expect. Looking at the changes made it was all formatting - basically speading the tags over multiple lines and moving the 'version="2.0"' to the front of the <div> tag. I wonder if formatting changes like this could be avoided in minor upgrade releases? Or maybe because I am running in debug something else might be making these changes occur?

I guess many people are not using the scaffolded web pages directly so again this is probably not so important.

Enjoying using Spring Roo although it has been difficult to finally commit to using it. Really encouraging seeing the steady progress though so well done everyone.

Thanks

Chris

Hi Chris,

Yes I introduced a different approach to jspx formatting in Roo head. This is based on frequent feedback we received forum, jira (ROO-882, ROO-1189) and conferences. Wwe decided to disable it for the 1.1.4.RELEASE though for the exact reasons you mentioned. You will see it in action for the 1.2 release.

HTH,
    Stefan

Comment

Working...
    X