X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• standalone Jar from roo app?

I have a roo application, but I also need to have access to the entity lifecycle functionality in an environment that can run java classes (matlab, to be specific). I really don't want to have to expose a web service interface that will be consumed by the matlab project since both projects are in their infancy and I don't have things like security or even entity ownership fully implemented yet and it will be much easier to interact directly with java for the time being. There must be a relatively simple mechanism for building a jar file via maven but I'm a maven neophyte and have no clue how to go about doing it. I could just manually package up a jar out of the target directory after building a war package, but I'd prefer to have maven do the work and ensure that the resulting jar adheres to best practices.

I did a few searches, figuring I couldn't be the only one with this requirement, but I couldn't find anything that seemed relevant.

Hope this helps: http://maven.apache.org/plugins/mave.../jar-mojo.html

Comment

Not really. Seems like I'll have to learn my way around maven pretty well before I'd be able to figure out how to use that.

mvn assembly:single creates a jar that contains all of the dependencies but none of the project code. If I could just figure out how to add the project code to that (and maybe exclude the contents of certain dependencies from the jar), then I'd be all set. But all of the maven docs seem to assume a very high degree of familiarity with maven. It looked like it was going to be a significant exercise in trial and error before I get anything working so I haven't started to dig in yet.

Hard to believe that there isn't a standard and well-known mechanism for turning a roo project into a library.

Comment

Working...
      X