Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GUI select texts

Hi,

I have a question regarding the GUI in Roo when using scaffolding. When a referenced object is viewed it seems like the value from <entityName>.toString() is called. This is great, because I can view a users username instead of username, password and all other information in scaffolded pages. But when an entity is viewed in a select box, this is not the case. Even if I override toString(), all fields in the entity are shown to the user. So if a drop down box lists all users, the password is visible. and if I want the user to select for example a blog post, not only the title of the post is visible in the drop down box, but the whole blog post, which make a quite ugly drop down box.

How do I select what which field to view in the select box?

Thanks in advance, your help is highly appreciated,

Marius

Originally posted by MaxQ View Post
    Hi,

I have a question regarding the GUI in Roo when using scaffolding. When a referenced object is viewed it seems like the value from <entityName>.toString() is called. This is great, because I can view a users username instead of username, password and all other information in scaffolded pages. But when an entity is viewed in a select box, this is not the case. Even if I override toString(), all fields in the entity are shown to the user. So if a drop down box lists all users, the password is visible. and if I want the user to select for example a blog post, not only the title of the post is visible in the drop down box, but the whole blog post, which make a quite ugly drop down box.

How do I select what which field to view in the select box?

Thanks in advance, your help is highly appreciated,

Marius
    I just tracked that down myself. It comes from the proxy renderer. .render()

client.managed.ui.MyEntityProxyRenderer.java.

Of course, it is a managed folder. They are not marked with the do not edit warning, but I haven't tested if it gets overwritten by Roo.

Dan

Comment

Working...
    X