X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use roo with existing project?

I have an existing project that is designed fairly well, but I'm curious if it's worth it to convert it to roo. I have a ton of new features to add over the next few months, and basically I am wondering if converting/using roo would net me a productivity gain... or would it better to just keep plugging away with the project 'as is'.

The design and code quality for this project is very good, but it's pretty old-school. It's using spring 3.0.x, Spring security 3.1, and Hibernate 3.6.3 - so it's not out of date when it comes to libraries.

However, the project is using Hibernate directly - not JPA. So it would actually take a considerable amount of work to "roo-ify" my domain model.

I am also using freemarker - not jsp. I am sure my conventions are totally different than what roo expects, so I am probably totally on my own here - correct?

I also looked at the controllers that roo generates. Mine resemble rails or grails a lot more closely, so the output by roo is very different. I could just avoid controllers/jsps all together I suppose.

Is it worth moving to Roo?
Working...
X