X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error: Member holding type details required

I'm using Roo 1.1.3.RELEASE [rev 4404ffb] on Ubuntu with Java 1.6.0_21_x64 connecting to an Oracle DB.

Trying to run database reverse engineer --schema ... --testAutomatically yields the following output:

roo> database reverse engineer --schema <schema> --testAutomatically
    Created SRC_MAIN_RESOURCES/dbre.xml
    Undo manage SRC_MAIN_RESOURCES/META-INF/persistence.xml
    Undo manage ROOT/pom.xml
    Undo create SRC_MAIN_RESOURCES/dbre.xml
    Member holding type details required
    roo> Created SRC_MAIN_JAVA/ar/GomezFact_Roo_Entity.aj
    Created SRC_MAIN_JAVA/ar/GomezFactPK_Roo_Identifier.aj
    Deleted SRC_MAIN_JAVA/ar/GomezFact_Roo_Entity.aj
    Deleted SRC_MAIN_JAVA/ar/GomezFactPK_Roo_Identifier.aj

Not sure what the problem here is. Running the introspect yields what looks to be pretty standard, though I'm a total newbie when it comes to Roo. Help please?

roo> database introspect --schema <schema>
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
    <!--WARNING: DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE. THIS FILE IS MANAGED BY SPRING ROO.--><!DOCTYPE database SYSTEM "http://db.apache.org/torque/dtd/database_3_3.dtd">

<database name="NEW_ODS">
    <option key="testAutomatically" value="false"/>
    <option key="includeNonPortableAttributes" value="true"/>
    <table name="GOMEZ_FACT">
    <column name="GOMEZ_ISP_ID" primaryKey="false" required="true" scale="0" size="22" type="3,NUMBER"/>
    <column name="GOMEZ_VARIABLE_ID" primaryKey="false" required="true" scale="0" size="22" type="3,NUMBER"/>
    <column name="FACT_TS" primaryKey="false" required="true" scale="6" size="11" type="93,TIMESTAMP(6)"/>
    <column name="VALUE" primaryKey="false" required="true" scale="0" size="22" type="3,NUMBER"/>
    <foreign-key foreignTable="GOMEZ_ISP_DIM" name="FK_GOMEZ_FACT_VAR" onDelete="restrict" onUpdate="cascade">
    <option key="exported" value="false"/>
    <reference foreign="GOMEZ_ISP_ID" local="GOMEZ_ISP_ID"/>
    </foreign-key>
    <foreign-key foreignTable="GOMEZ_VARIABLE_DIM" name="FK_GOMEZ_FACT_ISP" onDelete="restrict" onUpdate="cascade">
    <option key="exported" value="false"/>
    <reference foreign="GOMEZ_VARIABLE_ID" local="GOMEZ_VARIABLE_ID"/>
    </foreign-key>
    </table>
    <table name="GOMEZ_ISP_DIM">
    <column name="GOMEZ_ISP_ID" primaryKey="true" required="true" scale="0" size="22" type="3,NUMBER"/>
    <column name="NAME" primaryKey="false" required="true" scale="0" size="255" type="12,VARCHAR2"/>
    <column name="LOCATION" primaryKey="false" required="false" scale="0" size="255" type="12,VARCHAR2"/>
    <foreign-key foreignTable="GOMEZ_FACT" name="FK_GOMEZ_FACT_VAR" onDelete="restrict" onUpdate="cascade">
    <option key="exported" value="true"/>
    <reference foreign="GOMEZ_ISP_ID" local="GOMEZ_ISP_ID"/>
    </foreign-key>
    <unique name="PK_GOMEZ_ISP">
    <unique-column name="GOMEZ_ISP_ID"/>
    </unique>
    </table>
    <table name="GOMEZ_VARIABLE_DIM">
    <column name="GOMEZ_VARIABLE_ID" primaryKey="true" required="true" scale="0" size="22" type="3,NUMBER"/>
    <column name="NAME" primaryKey="false" required="true" scale="0" size="255" type="12,VARCHAR2"/>
    <foreign-key foreignTable="GOMEZ_FACT" name="FK_GOMEZ_FACT_ISP" onDelete="restrict" onUpdate="cascade">
    <option key="exported" value="true"/>
    <reference foreign="GOMEZ_VARIABLE_ID" local="GOMEZ_VARIABLE_ID"/>
    </foreign-key>
    <unique name="PK_GOMEZ_VARIABLE">
    <unique-column name="GOMEZ_VARIABLE_ID"/>
    </unique>
    </table>
    </database>

Same Command, Different Error?

Restarting STS and re-running the same command but without "--testAutomatically" yields the below error:

roo> database reverse engineer --schema NEW_ODS
    Created SRC_MAIN_RESOURCES/dbre.xml
    Created SRC_MAIN_JAVA/ar/GomezFactPK.java
    Created SRC_MAIN_JAVA/ar/GomezFact.java
    Created SRC_MAIN_JAVA/ar/GomezIspDim.java
    Created SRC_MAIN_JAVA/ar/GomezVariableDim.java
    Undo create SRC_MAIN_JAVA/ar/GomezVariableDim.java
    Undo create SRC_MAIN_JAVA/ar/GomezIspDim.java
    Undo create SRC_MAIN_JAVA/ar/GomezFact.java
    Undo create SRC_MAIN_JAVA/ar/GomezFactPK.java
    Undo manage SRC_MAIN_RESOURCES/META-INF/persistence.xml
    Undo manage ROOT/pom.xml
    Undo create SRC_MAIN_RESOURCES/dbre.xml
    Type for table 'GOMEZ_VARIABLE_DIM' could not be found but was referenced by table 'GOMEZ_FACT'
    roo> Created SRC_MAIN_JAVA/ar/GomezFact_Roo_Entity.aj
    Created SRC_MAIN_JAVA/ar/GomezFactPK_Roo_Identifier.aj
    Deleted SRC_MAIN_JAVA/ar/GomezFact_Roo_Entity.aj
    Deleted SRC_MAIN_JAVA/ar/GomezFactPK_Roo_Identifier.aj
    Last edited by bzimmerman; Apr 24th, 2011, 01:29 PM. Reason: Different roo command

Comment

Attach the xml file by running database introspect --schema <schema> --file <file name>

Comment

Xml

XML attached, same as in OP.

Comment

I can't reproduce the error however I don't have your schema DDL in a standalone Roo shell, I just allowed Roo to create the entities directly from the dbre.xml file using 1.1.3.RELEASE and 1.1.4.BUILD-SNAPSHOT.

I had to create the tests using test intregration --entity com.foo.empty.GomezFact etc. Still no errors.

If you want to attach your Oracle schema DDL can use the same steps in STS to attempt to re-create the issue.

Please log a Jira ticket for this an attach the schema there.
          Thanks

Comment

Jira Case Created

Posted
            https://jira.springsource.org/browse/ROO-2382

Comment

Works fine for me with both 1.1.3.RELEASE and 1.1.4 sbapshot builds

Comment

Resolved but confused

I followed the commands you executed in script.log attached to the JIRA case and was able to get things started. I'm confused, though, about some of the commands and what purpose they serve. Could you please enlighten this newbie?

osgi start --url http://repository.springsource.com/m...tion-1.1.0.jar
                osgi start --url http://repository.springsource.com/m...urce-1.5.0.jar

This last one I gather does something with the JDBC driver JAR for Oracle, though I had been able to execute an introspect prior to running this command.

osgi start --url file:///home/stewarta/.m2/repository/oracle/oracle.ojdbc14/10.2.0.2.0001/oracle.ojdbc14-10.2.0.2.0001.jar

Comment

I had to install the OSGi-wrapped Oracle XE driver first. I assume you already had yours installed.

Comment

i had that error before "Member holding type details required"

then just created a dummy entity from roo then it works fine again...

Comment

Alan, I wasn't aware of that requirement -- the database introspect command seemed to work just fine without it.

What about the other two jar files? I guess I'm not really familiar with the osgi command and what it is supposed to do.

Comment

Working...
                      X