Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to go after the initial tutorial?

Hi, I've been experimenting with Spring Roo to see if it will work for my next project, and though I've been able to very successfully create a Vaadin app with ease and then I was also able to build on that so that the crud became more complex and I'm very pleased with that.

But now I'm wondering how am I going to create the non-backenduser site.

I created a new test workspace where I created one entity that has a price - imageurl - and description, once again the CRUD portion is perfect. But now as a test I would like to toss a FlowLayout in Vaadin that shows all of the items with the price on top, image in the middle, and the description below. To put more simply, I'd like to start creating more web like screens and not CRUD like screens.

I already know Vaadin and could create a screen like it with Vaadin, but I'm more wondering how do I use the framework to create a web page with the backend data supplied. (If I knew more about AspectJ would it just be obvious to me??)

I've seen plenty of "Hello World" tutorials, but is there somewhere that I could see tutorials for non-Hello World Spring Roo.

I would like to share with you some links on my work with Roo...

http://viralpatel.net/blogs/author/jose-delgado and http://pragmatikroo.blogspot.com/

I agree with you: Out of the trivial "hello world" kind-of tutorials there are not much out there about Roo.

I believe part of the reason is that there is not encouragement or support to the people interested on publishing books and documentation about it.

This is the way open source is and we have to accept the reality.

I hope my links help you

B Roogards
    jD

Comment

Working...
    X