X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• m2eclipse issue

I'm new to Maven and have installed the m2eclipse plugin as there are a few places in the Roo docs that suggested it will speed things up. However, whenever I add new dependencies to the POM, the Web Deployment Assembly (I'm using Eclipse 3.6) is not updated. The build path is, but when I launch the server it's missing jars.

My research suggested you can right click on the project and select Update Project Configuration to fix this, however this does not modify the web deployment assembly.

If I do a "perform eclipse" from Roo, the WDA is updated, but then the project is no longer managed by m2eclipse so I have to re-enable that. And, of course, I lose any other project-specific settings.

Is this a bug or missing feature in m2eclipse? Must you always update the WDA manually? Or am I missing a configuration step?

Thanks much for your help.

Well, I found the issue. You need to install the m2eclipse extras WTP integration plugin. You can find that at the m2eclipse Extras Update Site: http://m2eclipse.sonatype.org/sites/m2e-extras. It's third party and not supported by Sonatype.

Perhaps because of that, I am still running into issues getting it to correctly launch. It updated the WDA, but then my list views were failing because the entity manager wasn't being injected due to a missing Spring aspects jar. Luckily perform eclipse continues to work, but it would be nice to have an integrated environment.

Comment

Working...
    X