Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I configured this with an external tomcat and still can't see jdbc drill downs.
    I rest my case !

Comment

Please see in attachment a JDBC output graphics (tomcat6 and spring insight).Attachment
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks
        I configured the way you had suggested and Insight does come up but JDBC drill downs don't
        I have started to wonder if it has something to do with my jars or the DB we are using. In this case all the jars are unders WEB-INF/lib . . .

We are using MySQL and use Spring JDBC templates to query the DB . . . .

Comment

It's important to signal that I'm using for now the version 1.0.0.M2 of Insight, I've seen that exists now a new version (1.5.0) but I've not yet tested with this one.
          An another important thing to say is that we are using Tomcat 6.0.20 and not Tomcat 5.x.x.
          We re using Oracle here, but it doesn't seemed to be an explanation of success...

Comment

Thanks - So far I am on almost similar versions.
            Tomcat 6.x and Insight 1.0.0.M2

Comment

Hi All,
              Just wondering has there be any updates since the first post to enable Spring Insight to be deployed on other application servers such as IBM Websphere 6.1 / 8 ?

kind regards,
              Javed

Comment

Yes, we're adding Oracle Weblogic 10.3 and 12.1 support in Insight's up coming 1.9 release.
                JBoss support has been around for quite some time now.

-Eran

Comment

Originally posted by edvir View Post
                  Yes, we're adding Oracle Weblogic 10.3 and 12.1 support in Insight's up coming 1.9 release.
                  JBoss support has been around for quite some time now.

-Eran
                  That looks very promising and interesting Eran thanks for sharing !

Is there any guide on how to port to other application servers say IBM Websphere by any chance?

Comment

Unfortunately, porting to application containers that are not yet support is nontrivial.
                    In a nutshell, each container, and sometimes even versions of the same container, implements a slightly different class loading mechanism and class loaders. This requires us to adjust Insight's load-time weaving, and possibly a bunch of other stuff as well, separately for the supported containers.

IBM Webshpere support is in our backlog. But at this point we have no ETA for it.

Comment

Hi,
                      I do read from the above discussion that Insight does have support for Tomcat 6. But I could not find the steps to configure Insight with Tomcat. I cant use TC server because our deployment team decided to stay with Tomcat 6. I downloaded tc server 2.7.1RELEASE(vfabric-tc-server-developer-2.7.1.RELEASE). What all things I need to change for my Tomcat 6.0.35?
                      The tc server I downloaded does not have webapp-lib directory as was mentioned in the previous posts. Can some one PLEASE point me to some documentation on how I can configure my tomcat to integrate Spring Insight 1.5. Any pointers will be really appreciated.

Thanks,
                      Anuj

Comment

Hi,

To install a Spring Insight agent on a Tomcat see http://pubs.vmware.com/vfabric51/top...ll-agents.html. Basically you run the agent installer and let it walk you through the install procedure.

The Insight dashboard has to be installed on tc-server. We currently do not officially support any other container. Here's the link to the dashboard installation procedure: http://pubs.vmware.com/vfabric51/top...dashboard.html.

Comment

Hi,

Guys, can I use Spring Insight (which is included to tcServer Developer Edition) with Apache Tomcat in production environment?

Thanks.

Comment

Yep. Check out the Spring Insight supported configurations page.

http://pubs.vmware.com/vfabric51/ind...gsinsight.html

Comment

I apologize for not exact question

Now Spring Insight available in 2 versions:
                              1) free Spring Insight as part of tcServer Developer Edition (but which can be used only for development / performance testing)
                              2) paid Spring Insight Operations as part of tcServer Spring Edition

I wanted to ask the following:
                              Can I use free version of Spring Insight with Apache Tomcat in production environment?

Thanks.

Comment

Representatives of the SpringSource, can you assist with my previous question?

Also, I have following questions:
                                1) Maybe someone measured - what percentage of the CPU/time spent on gathering statistics for insight?
                                2) Spring Insight (Open Source) and Spring Insight Operations differ only by the capacity of administration?
                                3) Can Spring Insight works with SQL database like MySQL or PostgreSQL?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X